• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    from Troy Facebook

The accusations that Mr. Monroe would have taken a shot at Vicki Weaver are false. His Congressional testimony affirms that had he a better vantage point, he was prepared to shoot at Kevin Harris, the armed combatant posing an immediate threat to him, his team, and everyone at the scene.

Tragedy lies in the fact that the shot intended for Kevin Harris reached its target, but also struck Vicki Weaver, positioned out of sight, behind a door. For the past 20 years, Mr. Monroe has shared his experiences across the country through many presentations and a television appearance. During these presentations, he explained the mistakes which led up to the tragedy and the valuable lessons learned from the event. While nothing can change what happened that day, Dale's firsthand account imparts valuable tools to our nation’s law enforcement. I'm confident that his experience at that incident taught him more than the other countless successful missions he completed as an FBI HRT Operator.

It's easy in an emotionally charged situation where a mother's life has been taken, to lose sight of the facts. In our most trying times and failures we have an opportunity to rise above and distinguish ourselves to be people of character and honor. I know Dale Monroe to be such a man.

As a Troy Asymmetric instructor, he has the opportunity to prevent future tragedies like Ruby Ridge. We are proud to have him on our team.

-Steve Troy

Try this link and read all the updates instead of referring to Troy's faceback B.S. Bottom line, you pay your money, you make your choice. Just make an informed decision

Troy stands by their employee, Lon Horiuchi?s partner at Ruby Ridge! UPDATE #4. | GunsSaveLife.com

Last edited:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I believe we need to back off of Mr. Monroe a bit until the full meaning of his words is put into context. By this I mean there could be two (2) or more possible messages he was trying to convey in his testimony. As I was not there and did not hear it I will wait for more educated and learned folks who followed this in greater detail to educate me. However, if I may try to give greater range to his words by the following examples.

Example #1: If Mr. Monroe was truly repentant and horrified by what he would have done then I think he should be granted some compassion from learning from his mistake. If he had said, "God have mercy, I would have taken the shot. It would have been the worst thing I had done but our mindset that day was one of fear and anger. I am so glad I did not have to make that shot. I would have felt horrible every day until the day I died." (Itallics my words). If this was a man who was truly concerned about what he might have done and saw the error of his ways then he is a great man to have on board who can give insight and clarity to helping in stressful situations.

Example #2: If Mr. Monroe was unconcerned with the collateral damage to an innocent, non threatening victim then he should be removed from any company that would ever hope to receive my hard earned dollars. If he had said, "Those thugs were scum and I would have taken the shot. They were a menace to society and we had to do everything in our power to stop them. That woman knew what could happen and it is her own fault for getting shot." (Italics my words.) In this line of communication Mr. Monroe would be what is so fondly referred to as a "Jack Booted Thug." If this were his mindset and meaning then I hope Troy Industries removes him with all possible haste.

Note that in both examples I tried to keep the words "I would have taken the shot." It is the emotion and meaning of those words in the larger context that could mean two (2) very different things.

If you know, please educate me. Or is there a third meaning to his words? I have simplified things a bit here.

It is not just the words we say but how we say them, and the broader context that gives true meaning to them.

Regards,

Doug

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Libertarian01,

Mr. Monroe is a JBT his context in either example does **NOT** need to be found. He was an FBI sniper at the time and a .gov employee. As a .gov employee he swore and oath to defend the constitution. The entire operation at Ruby Ridge was the .gov overstepping it's bounds. Everyone there from the .gov instead of looking at the situation and saying this is .gov going too far instead had the mindset of "I'm just following orders". Mr. Monroe could have walked away at any time from the mission at hand and told his superiors he will not participate but he chose not to. As such he sided with the BB that day.

Just like the nazi guard that did not shoot any jews in the camps but 'would have taken the shoot' had one of them tried to escape. The nazi guard, after all, was just following orders right?

Based on this bye-bye Troy Industries. I'll make sure to pass this thread along to others as well.

Last edited:

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    posted by Troy on facebook two days ago
    I appreciate having the opportunity to speak to members of this forum. Troy Asymmetric, part of the “World of Troy,” is a business entity with a director who until this past week, held exclusive hiring authority. I am its owner, it bears my name and as we have witnessed in recent days, effects public opinion of all Troy divisions. Earlier this week, I terminated an instructor who did not support the Second Amendment as ardently as I and members of the community do.

Troy Asymmetric provides training to military and law enforcement personnel. If you spend 5 seconds on the website you’ll see a graphical depiction of a bomb explosion - the primary focus of the company. Take a moment to read the course list and you’ll note a common theme: training pertaining to explosions, bomb threats, post-blast crime scenes, incident command and crisis management. Instructors’ primary areas of expertise lie in the “bomb world,” with EOD experience, critical incident response, and tactical decision making. Some posters on the forum have said we only train “Jack Booted Thugs” and there is a secret agenda. These same posters conveniently ignore Troy Prepared:www.troyprepared.com. Troy Asymmetric to this date has offered no firearms training for Gov’t and LE, but in comparison, Troy Prepared has always offered firearms training to qualified civilians. From a factual, non-emotional context, it is impossible to draw the conclusion that we somehow do not support the Second Amendment and are only training “secret army”.

On August 22, 1992, Dale was an HRT Operator tasked to a mission in which he found himself facing armed adversaries. His thoughts were not only on the situation at hand, but the tragic death of a child and a U.S. Marshal. During this type of confrontation when people die, you don’t have the ability to pick sides, they are drawn before you arrive. Dale did what he was trained to do as a sniper / observer. He was fortunate not to have to take a life at this engagement. Special Agent Horiuchi made the regrettable shot, a mistake for which he will never be forgiven. Of the FBI Agents assigned to the Ruby Ridge tragedy, Dale has been one of the most outspoken. He has delivered dozens of presentations to more than 1000 civilians titled “Mistakes and Lessons of Ruby Ridge”. I weighed carefully the decision whether or not to retain Dale and could find no ethical or moral reason to remove him. Dale has not committed a criminal act, he answered all questions honestly, he did not cover anything up and he did not shoot anyone at Ruby Ridge. Dale was asked to join TA for his critical incident management expertise. Dale was never slated by TA for firearms instruction.

We all know from our biggest failures come the greatest lessons in life. Providing training that is relevant with experienced, qualified instructors can prevent a tragedy like Ruby Ridge. Dale will be able to deliver this powerful message and lessons learned in crisis management and incident command. I am driven and passionate about bringing effective change through pertinent training and speakers that have lived through these nightmares. Many times I have seen posts in forums that state “if you weren’t there then SDASTFU”, with that same school of thought, there is no one better than Dale to speak about tragedies like Ruby Ridge.

I have been a longtime and outspoken supporter of the Second Amendment. I always choose to do what’s right, even if my stance goes against others opinion. I will not throw this man to the wolves as he has demonstrated throughout his life high integrity and honor. I know most of those who would disagree are using this forum to voice your anger towards the United States Government. In some cases that anger is justified. The Ruby Ridge tragedy and the loss of life there make no bigger example of abuse of power and Government gone wrong. However, I disagree with your personal attacks on my family and company as we are not the Government and we are not training “Jack Booted Thugs”. I am a patriot and I swore to uphold and defend the Constitution of The United States, all of it. Those who have taken that same oath recognize the importance of keeping it. Thank you. -Steve Troy

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    "”. I am a patriot and I swore to uphold and defend the Constitution of The United States, all of it. " , All the government invaders at Ruby Ridge took the same oath. They all had a chance to walk away. None did.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Ruby Ridge, Waco, and Elián González are all part of the Clinton Eric Holder Legacy. Troy Industries hiring Anyone associated with these Criminal Travesties against the American People should be ostracized for the pariah's that they are. Mr. Troy has the Right to hire anyone that he chooses But WE have the Right to conduct Business with reasonable companies that do support American Rights of Liberty. Good thing that Hitler's SS are dead or so aged that they are out of the hiring pool or they could be working at Troy Industries.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Top Bottom