• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    I am searching for new places to fish and I saw that the DNR stocked Rainbows in Delaware Lake in the State park.

How would you fish these guys in that lil pond? And are they even active there? How about legal size yet (7inches is what I read on the DNR guide)? I have mostly only fished for bass but want to diversify.

Thanks.

Bravo-4-2

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2014
    Indianapolis
    If there's trout in Delaware Lake it's news to me. Been there 2x so far this year and drown a bunch of worms. Smallmouth in the creeks at Ft. Harrison are all I've ever had much luck with.

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    A good friend of mine caught a couple trout at Ft. Harrison. It was an accident. He was using a bobber and night crawler said his bobber went down real slow and started spinning in circles just below the surface.

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    I've fished for the stocked/released rainbows at Greene-Sullivan few yrs ago. We always used real corn or Berkley Power Corn bait. Some small rooster-tail like spinners also worked on occasion. I was told the fish are fed pellets at the hatchery and the corn resembles what they were used to eating.

parson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    New Castle
    When I lived in Maryland, I used to catch stocked trout on meal worms under a bobber. Never cared for the taste of 'em so didn't fish for them often.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Small trout (if they're plants, they're small) are a blast if you fly fish! (during active times of course)
    Without fly fishing, I've always had ok luck with powerbait, even salmon eggs or small silver spinners work ok. From a boat for large trout (lake trout, or hybrids) sure, spinners work great.

**Although, most of my trout fishing has been done in streams/rivers, not in lakes**

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Ive heard this as well and was going to try but I have also heard that if you dont get there the week of stocking everyone removes them from the lake from the guys at flymasters. I have been meaning to get over there but figured if that was true the fishing wouldnt be any good.

Top Bottom