• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Here's an update. The officer has already been released "to the care of his family." It doesn't get any better than that!
    UPDATE: State trooper wounded in shoot-out during gun store robbery is out of hospital » Evansville Courier & Press

Someone made a point above about it being stupid to hit a gun shop. Not always. There are a lot of small shops around and even one that I frequent that has just the owner. So not all of them have 3-5 gun-toting sales people working.

Anyway, I wish there was a way to express thanks and congratulations to the officer.
    Contact the Jasper ISP Post.
    http://www.in.gov/isp/2540.htm
    They can see that he gets the kudos. :yesway:

comanche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2013
    according to the news he didn't try to rob the store initially. The owner said he was acting 'weird' and then refused to sell him anything. Then the altercation began. That was what WTHI TV-10 said..

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    according to the news he didn't try to rob the store initially. The owner said he was acting 'weird' and then refused to sell him anything. Then the altercation began. That was what WTHI TV-10 said..

Yea and it appears the shop owner was correct in his assessment.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    but the owner said because of the way the man was acting he wouldn't sell him one. An argument began, police were called and the owner and customer traded shots inside the store.
    I think I missed part of the story in between these two sentences. Did the skel come in with a loaded gun, or did he snag a loaded gun in the store, or perhaps snag a gun and manage to load it?

ozzie839

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2013
    Columbus
    Washington is where I went to high school and where my mom and step dad still live, lots of friends there as well, this really hits close to home and its a small community, trooper Lents actually gave me my first (and only) speeding ticket, small world

here's to a speedy recover and one less waste of oxygen in the world

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    Don't feel like clicking the links to see what all has been said in the articles but the bad guy was a man from shoals, he was in his 60s if I remember the radio correctly and I forget his name.

Radio also said Lents was hit in the shoulder twice.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    He was a Jones, and he was from Shoals.

I know a lot of Shoals folk, my ex was from there. Mostly, a small town of good people, along with the usual mix of meth mixing knuckleheads and river rats.

I'll try to get some more info on the perp.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    You see, he should posted here first... "Hay guyz I'm thinking of robbing a gun store. Call me crazy but it will work. I'm going to do it in the daytime because no one expects that. I know most people do it at night, but I'm smarter than them. Wat do you guyz think, lol?" We would have told him it was a poor idea and this terrible tragedy wouldn't have taken place.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Sixty years old seems to be a little long of tooth to get the urge to become an armed robbing desperado. ???

Still trying to get the lowdown on this guy, Jones is such a common name. I'm thinking a local with some "issues."

I see he didn't try to rob Dave Harder's shop in Shoals. I doubt if his survival time there would have been even as long as his lifespan in Montgomery..........

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Sixty years old seems to be a little long of tooth to get the urge to become an armed robbing desperado. ???

Still trying to get the lowdown on this guy, Jones is such a common name. I'm thinking a local with some "issues."

I see he didn't try to rob Dave Harder's shop in Shoals. I doubt if his survival time there would have been even as long as his lifespan in Montgomery..........

Several years ago we had bank robbers roaming the mid-west. Both were almost 70 each. They were equiped with long guns and weren't afraid to use them. They his Evansville about three times before one of our officers caught them swapping cars at a local storage shed.

RLC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Greenville IN
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery . This is why I always give LEOs respect and politeness. They might have a bad day or be irritated with us citizens from time to time but when the SHTF. They're they're there to take it.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Several years ago we had bank robbers roaming the mid-west. Both were almost 70 each. They were equiped with long guns and weren't afraid to use them. They his Evansville about three times before one of our officers caught them swapping cars at a local storage shed.

Wow. That is interesting....... Strange old world we live in.

Thanks for sharing!

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Wow. That is interesting....... Strange old world we live in.

Thanks for sharing!

They had it down to a science. I won't give details, some people have too much time on their hands. It was by chance that a plain clothes detective saw them and approached them with a 5 shot "chief". They both had semi auto long guns and gave up. They hit numerous cities in about 5 states before being caught.

Top Bottom