• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wild willy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    I am going to be taking a trip and would love to take my LC9 with me. The only state I drive through that does not recognize my permit is MD. I was just reading up a bit on it and it appears as if I may just want to leave it at home unfortuantely. It seems that I would have to have both (Gun/Ammo) locked away separately and not accessable to anyone in the vehicle. I can't really do that in a mini van and they can't be locked in the golve box or the console. Quite disturbing that I am not permitted to protect myself in MD. Any good suggestions? Thanks.

Bill

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    before you hit the MD border, just unload it (completely, incl the mags*), put a cable lock through it, and put it in the back of your van. you'll be fine. lots of MD gun owners w/ minivans/suvs/trucks, etc. Supposed to be in a case, too. Just put in your suitcase or a gymbag if you aren't taking a "gun" bag.

-rvb

*loads mags are considered loaded guns in the MD code.

edit:
    http://www.mdsp.org/FAQs.aspx
    How can I legally transport firearms within / through Maryland?
    Answer: They must be unloaded, in a carrying case, holster with a flap and the ammunition should be separate. It would be best to keep the unloaded weapon in the trunk where you do not have access to it. There are further regulations but essentially you can only transport a handgun between residence, to and from a repair shop, a shooting sporting event, between a residence and place of business if substantially owned and operated by the person. For more information please contact our Licensing Division.

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Research the McClure-Volkmer Act
    Code of Federal Regulations
    Title 18-PartI-Chapter 44-* 926a

You can legally transport through the state. You just can't stop.

*- There is a symbol here that I can't find on my keyboard. It looks like two S'es stacked one on top of the other

Last edited:

jfryan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2012
    Schererville
    Research the McClure-Volkmer Act
    Code of Federal Regulations
    Title 18-PartI-Chapter 44-§ 926a

You can legally transport through the state. You just can't stop.

*- There is a symbol here that I can't find on my keyboard. It looks like two S'es stacked one on top of the other
    FIFY lol

Top Bottom