Trip to NY with a stop at Niagra Falls...Canada side quesiton.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I lived in Royal Oak for two years and never made it across the border, how sad is that? lol

Well, you see, the drinking age in Ontario at the time was only 19 whereas it was 21 in Michigan... :D

Canadian Customs was usually pretty cool as long as you weren't a moron. The US Customs did not mess around, though, and would look for any excuse to make your day miserable.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    wasn't new york the only colony that didn't vote for independence. Can't we just give GB back the sunzabeaches? I am so depressed by this thread now. Now I find my self hating NY NYC and Canada and totally understand the bozos who try to go over the falls. I would be suicidal too if surrounded by all that oppression.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    oldfb: There's a lot to hate about New York. The upstate area is pretty and the people are freindly. BUT, in the Big Apple, it's another story. It runs the state because of the overwhelming numbers of liberals.
    Moving away (three years ago) to Indianapolis, has been like moving to another country. A FREE country.
    I go back to NY to visit relatives and after two days, I've just got to get out of there. Feel free to bash NY.... I do!! :patriot:

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    I was correct about them abstaining from the vote wasn't I?

chinga le NYC putos gun free so instead they blow up buildings. Tons of crimminals with guns. Loads of crime. You couldn't make me go to NYC at gunpoint. There is no f in weigh. Nope!
    Indy was nice to visit but I can't wait to get away from the big city influence. Chesterton is not far enough but once in a while you come across someone that doesn't have the stink or taint from Shittcago, IL. People that smile and wave to strangers or hold the door for ya. Rural area with honest friendly people. In a moderate climate is my dream.lol

Why is it that nobody listens to a fat guy unless it is MICHAEL M selling his liberal koolaide to every one of the sheeple.

We don't have free health care and total gun control. But how really is that working out for them. Back in the day the IRA and whatever alphabet soup were using Rockets, Grenades, full auto, moltov cocktails, sticks, stones, three irish maidens and 50 goats to screw with a "Gun Free" country. Maybe if everyone stopped tryin to control everyone else. None of this insanity would be necessary or be happening. Put a big wall up, switch away from oil as fast as possible and shoot anyone that tries to mess with our country. Grrrrrr

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    New York only recognizes NY permits UNLESS you're Law Enforcement.
    New York City does not even recognize the right of out-of-state police (great law, huh???)

With a NY permit, each handgun must be registered and recorded on the permit, serial numbers must be included. If it ain't listed, you've just made a donation to their auction room and you'll be talking to one of NY's famously liberal judges (They also have a well earned reputation for NOT being inline with our viewpoints on guns) :rolleyes:
    I always carry in NYC when I visit. NYPD treat out of state LEO's VERY well.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    I always carry in NYC when I visit. NYPD treat out of state LEO's VERY well.

I'm very happy to hear that. It's a stupid law and I always wondered why NYPD would not want some backup from other LEO agencies.

I have heard other stories from upstate New York cops. They tell a different story. Maybe it's some intrastate rivalry B.S.:dunno:

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    I'm very happy to hear that. It's a stupid law and I always wondered why NYPD would not want some backup from other LEO agencies.

I have heard other stories from upstate New York cops. They tell a different story. Maybe it's some intrastate rivalry B.S.:dunno:

It's just plain BS. LEOSA is federal law, and even applies in the People's Republic of New York. Their mickey mouse laws don't apply when preempted by federal law.

As others have said, Niagara Falls is best seen from the Canadian side. Do NOT take a pistol into Canada, period. Possession of a handgun WILL get you jail time.

Top Bottom