• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Was up that way so decided to stop by. They have the new 597 VTR's. Not a bad looking gun, but $499 would rather have an M&P. They also had a Stevens .223 with heavy barrel, and 3x12x40 scope with adjustable objective lens for $499 kinda drooled on that one. They also have a rifle case. It can be carried like a back pack. The outer compartment held 4 AR mags, and I believe it was 8 pistol mags. Along with a holster for a handgun. The inner compartment held two rifles with with velcro to keep them in place. They where $59.99. They would make an excellent if shtf case. I defently need to get one of those eventually. :D

cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    This is from my recent trip to Gander Mountain. It seems like the prices were a little steep, even if you included shipping from an online retailer. I guess you pay more for convenience.

dsc00055vui.jpg

762minigun

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG
    This is from my recent trip to Gander Mountain. It seems like the prices were a little steep, even if you included shipping from an online retailer. I guess you pay more for convenience.

dsc00055vui.jpg

I saw the same pricing at the one in greenwood. I thought it was a mistake and asked the guy behind the counter. He said that was the best deal anywhere.. :laugh:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Cheaper than some places? LIKE WHAT? The Soda at the counter!? :D:D

Gander Mountain is a rip off: They prey on folks that either dont know anybetter (lack of internet ability or simply too lazy to look up pricing online) or the "good ol' boy" who thinks Gander is looking out for them. A guy here at work even says they have good deals. He also claimed that 20 bucks for FMJ 9mm at The Outdoorsman was a great price. That changed when I turned him over to a few websites and Plainfield Shooting Supplies.

243rem700

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I won't even shop at Gander Mt any more because of their prices. It seems I can get most everything in their store for much less online, including shipping.

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    Gander and Dick's, I just check em every now and then for sales they have on ammo and such. Gander had PMC bronze .223 for $9.95/20rnds last night. :)

You call that a "good deal?" It's $532.32 per 1000 including tax. Not to self promote but I'm selling 1000 rounds of Prvi Partisan 5.56mm on this forum for more than $100 less than that. The Prvi is better ammo and costs less.

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    You call that a "good deal?" It's $532.32 per 1000 including tax. Not to self promote but I'm selling 1000 rounds of Prvi Partisan 5.56mm on this forum for more than $100 less than that. The Prvi is better ammo and costs less.

So for those who don't like math. Better Ammo, 5.56, 20 rounds would be 10.65 if I did that right? I must be wrong cause that would mean the Prvi is $34.82 more not 100 less?

or Gander at 9.95 for .223 for 20 or $497.50 per thousand?

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    So for those who don't like math. Better Ammo, 5.56, 20 rounds would be 10.65 if I did that right? I must be wrong cause that would mean the Prvi is $34.82 more not 100 less?

or Gander at 9.95 for .223 for 20 or $497.50 per thousand?

Here is the calculation I made:

$9.95 X 50 = $497.50
    $497.50 X 1.07 = $523.325

I am selling 1000 rounds of the Prvi for $425. It also looks as though another member is selling 1420 rounds of Winchester for a better price too (and its better ammo than the PMC as well).

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Cheaper than some places? LIKE WHAT? The Soda at the counter!? :D:D

Gander Mountain is a rip off: They prey on folks that either dont know anybetter (lack of internet ability or simply too lazy to look up pricing online) or the "good ol' boy" who thinks Gander is looking out for them. A guy here at work even says they have good deals. He also claimed that 20 bucks for FMJ 9mm at The Outdoorsman was a great price. That changed when I turned him over to a few websites and Plainfield Shooting Supplies.

Well obviousaly you must not shop around much. I have found items in their lower then a lot of local shops. Meaning shops withing 20-30 mintues away. I agree that their ammo prices are crazy, except maybe 22's. However I have seen a few guns, and other things at a lower price. Lets not turn this into a flame post. I went because I happend to be in Greenwood, and was wanting some .22MWR. Plus they had nice knife sharpeners for cheap.

Airwolf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Terre Haute, IN
    I spoke to the manager here in Terre Haute a few weeks ago. He said if you can find a better deal in town or the surrounding community, they will match the price. I hate the place too, but if I can get the same thing at the same price, I'm ok with that.

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    I was just in there a couple of hours ago. The have an LCP in the case for $349.99 and also P3-AT for $299.99. Not the cheapest but they are in stock.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Hate to say this but every now and then you can get a good deal on a used firearm at Gander. Not too long ago I got a Stoeger Cougar (Beretta of Turkey) for under $300 including tax! Of course is was sitting next to a used Ruger P95 that was the same price as a new one! Couldn't figure that out.

As to ammo, they do think their ammo is something special, and their prices reflect it.

holejack1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2009
    South West Indiana
    Gander will go the way of other over-priced snob *** stores and that is OUT OF BUSINESS!!! Dick's is another that needs to go.

Well, one can only hope. Dicks in on my poo list if no other reason than they ruined Galyans.
    As for the .223, I happy with the deal I got at sucky ol gander mt, and not about to drive 3 hrs north to make some else happier about it.
    holejack out

snakeman88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2009
    So did anyone else notice the tragic lack of 45 Long Colts at Gander recently? Thier prices seem just a bit high too, I would just as soon go to Wyatt's, at least there you get what you pay for.

Top Bottom