• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tobias

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Bought my first AR a few months ago. I haven't done anything to it yet but the first thingI want to do is get the trigger worked on or get a new one. The gun is a DPMS and shoots really well considering the horrible factory trigger. Any ideas would be appreciated.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    When I was building my lower receiver I asked the same question and a lot of the folks seem to believe that a Geiselle trigger is well worth the money. Currently I have a RRA match trigger kit installed and I haven't shot it so I can't tell you if it's go or no go.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    If you are willing to spend the money, Geissele SSA and SSA-e are awesome 2 stage triggers. the e is lighter. Both are very crisp. I like the Timney single stage triggers. Also very crisp. The Geissele are easy to install in all of 5 minutes. My Timney is a drop in so, yeah, 30 seconds. DPMS factory triggers suck. I saw a thread here last week about some kind of Geissele modified trigger that I think was less than $100 If I could remember ther thread, I'd post the link...

tjh88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Vallonia
    Putting together a lower myself. I've planned on the RRA 2 stage match for it but looking forward to everyone's input on this. I'll be keeping tuned in.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Putting together a lower myself. I've planned on the RRA 2 stage match for it but looking forward to everyone's input on this. I'll be keeping tuned in.

When I built my first AR I used the RR NM 2-stage. I really liked it. But that was my first experience shooting an AR and I am not an accomplished shooter. What I did know is that I did not like the standard Mil-Spec trigger.

For my next build, I am going to go with a Geisselle SSA or SSA-E.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Low end of the cost spectrum....ALG. This is a full profile mil-type trigger by Geissele that has been slicked up incredibly . Superb reliability, consistency, toughness.

At the other end Geissele's of any stripe, CMC, American Gold, Wilson Combat, RRA, and some I'm forgetting, are all solid choices.

There's simply no excuse to suffer a heavy, gritty, mil-spec trigger, and no reason to trust any of the "trick" triggers, i.e. bump-fire, crank, etc.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Depends on what you want the gun for. Range fun, plinking, drop one of those fancy sports car triggers in there.

A SHTF rifle, stay usgi for a better chance of finding spare parts if needed. A lot more people will be running a usgi set up than a Giselle etc...

that ALG sure does look nice and at a reasonable price too!

Last edited:

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    I couldnt bring myself to by an expensive trigger for my new build so I went with a cmmg 2stage.. It came with the lpk I boughg along with a ambi safety. But on my del-ton its a stock mil-spec trigger but it's one of the smoothest stock triggers i've felt. As was already said it depends on what you doing. For me my new gun is going to be a hunting rifle so 2stage will be nice with a scope. For plinking a single is all you need I think.

Tobias

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Thanks for all the input guys. I'm basically gonna use the gun for yote hunting and this stock trigger absolutely has to go!

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    I think you would be stunned with what the boys at USDS can do with a stock trigger in about 30 minutes for $50.. If you are in the Indy area and stop by they have an example in the shop so you can get an idea of what you are going to get.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member~~ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Gunsite graduate[FONT=&quot] ~~[/FONT]Certified Glock armorer[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Certified pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] ~~[/FONT]1911 Mechanic[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Depends on what you want the gun for. Range fun, plinking, drop one of those fancy sports car triggers in there.

A SHTF rifle, stay usgi for a better chance of finding spare parts if needed. A lot more people will be running a usgi set up than a Giselle etc...

that ALG sure does look nice and at a reasonable price too!

Good point. Once you get your Geissele, put the stock trigger in your tool box as a spare.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Good point. Once you get your Geissele, put the stock trigger in your tool box as a spare.

better yet, in BOB or chest rig. its not so much the hammer or trigger breaking that you need to worry about as much as springs going bad on you.

LostLake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2013
    West Side
    Low end of the cost spectrum....ALG. This is a full profile mil-type trigger by Geissele that has been slicked up incredibly . Superb reliability, consistency, toughness.

At the other end Geissele's of any stripe, CMC, American Gold, Wilson Combat, RRA, and some I'm forgetting, are all solid choices.

There's simply no excuse to suffer a heavy, gritty, mil-spec trigger, and no reason to trust any of the "trick" triggers, i.e. bump-fire, crank, etc.

Solid post.I'm a big fan of the Geissele's

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I think you would be stunned with what the boys at USDS can do with a stock trigger in about 30 minutes for $50.. If you are in the Indy area and stop by they have an example in the shop so you can get an idea of what you are going to get.
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member~~ [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Gunsite graduate[FONT=&amp] ~~[/FONT]Certified Glock armorer
    NRA Certified pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] ~~[/FONT]1911 Mechanic

Any good resources for DIY for this kind of work? Maybe slicking up the RRA NM 2 stage also?

Top Bottom