• ...and so much more!
  • BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I can recommend the Uplula loader, they work fine with Glock mags. Or you can just push extra hard for awhile with the glock loader, it will get easier.

Last edited:

BIGKAT9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Valpo.
    First time Glock owner here too ,mod22 4th gen tried to use glock mag loader that came with it didn't work very wel, so just went with the old thumb,after a couple hundred rounds no problems ,but they are sure stiff at the start.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I just bought a G27 and can relate. I do have an Uplula and in this case, it does not help. That last round is so tight that the Uplula gets in the way. I was able to force the last round in, but just barely. It feels like you are trying to add round 9 to an 8 round magazine. Hopefully, it will relax a bit over time.

As for the Glock loader? It's the same as the CZ loaders and I cannot figure those out either.

BTW, I just ran about 100 rounds through my G27 yesterday. Those are nice little guns.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I can recommend the Uplula loader, they work fine with Glock mags. Or you can just push extra hard for awhile with the glock loader, it will get easier.

+100 on the UpLula! It works on all my mags from many manufacturers and configurations. Single stack...double stack...it does it all if its 9mm or larger. And they have a version for smaller rounds also.

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    I actually think Glock is easier than others. I use a speed loader more than half of the time still. I'm lazy or am I smart?

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Kinda new for that kind or attitude, aren't ya?

Not that it's ever called for. Guy is asking a legit question.

I've struggled with it myself, trying to get the last rounds in the mag. I've got some mags loaded now that are just sitting there trying to get the springs to loosen a little. New mags are always going to be stiff.

As for how to use the Glock mag loader, I found this little demo pretty helpful:

http://youtu.be/c-QQ8bOFU0s

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    I find that many brand new magazines have this problem:

Check the inside edges on the lips. They are almost SHARP. A few rounds through the mag and the sharpness dulls off. Then it is easier to get rounds IN past those formerly sharp edges. Has little to do with spring-tension. I would hope that new springs do not "wear in" that quickly!!
    I actually think Glock is easier than others.

ddavidson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    Clermont, IN
    I shoot a G23 and the last rounds in all of my mags can be tough. I think it's gotten easier from me getting used to it more than any change in the mag spring.

New here yeah new to firearms or related items no....whats it to ya:dunno:

If you were joking, you'll learn that many around here need the purple text to help them know. I thought the comment was funny actually. What's funnier is that someone read your post, then took the time to look to the left to see your post count, and then judged whether you were allowed to post that.

Top Bottom