• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigbird1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Jasper Co.
    Say I go on vacation through nonsupporting permit states , would a person have to pull the clip and put it and gun in the trunk? then get it back out when going through supporting states? just wondering how that works?

Django

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2009
    New Haven
    I know of no handguns that use "clips", so rifle laws are what you likely should research. :horse:
    <threadjack>
    ::cough::Mauser C96::cough:: ;)
    <-- splitting hairs
    "It puts the lotion on its skin" 'IT Gives ME MY MAGAZINES!'
    ::cough::
    </threadjack>

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    I had a PR job that in 2 years time, sent me to 46 of the lower 48 states (by car) and every time I had the chance to talk to a LEO during my job, which was about everywhere I was, they all said the same thing.
    I would ask them, "hypothetically" of course, if a person with a LTCH in their home state was concealed carrying in your jurisdiction, would that person "hypothetically" be subject to problems or arrest, and 99.9% of them said the same thing, "I would not have any reason to know that the "hypothetical" person was carrying anything, as long as they never got my attention, and if they did something to get my attention, then it would be complete and undivided!
    So, keep your nose, clean obey that law, and you shouldn't have any problems. I never had one problem and I never went ANYWHERE that I wasn't either carrying or had my HK USP 45 accessible in my vehicle.

Not saying you should carry, just saying I did. It is a personal choice kinda thing.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    From the INGO FAQ:

The Federal Peaceable Journey Statute allows you to transport a handgun through intervening states provided you may legally do so at both the start and end of your journey. For example, you can legally pass through Illinois on your way to Iowa provided you are legal in both Indiana and Iowa. Anywhere you actually stop (gas, food, etc.) may be considered your "destination". That said, Illinois is extremely hostile to gun owners and you may not be able to assert your rights under the statute until after you've been arrested and charged. Avoid Chicago entirely. Here is the relevant statute:

Code of Federal Regulations

Title 18 > Part I > Chapter 44 > § 926a
    § 926A. Interstate transportation of firearms
    Release date: 20050803
    Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or regulation of a State or any
    political subdivision thereof, any person who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from
    transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any
    lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any
    other place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation
    the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily
    accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle:
    Provided, That in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s
    compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the
    glove compartment or console.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    G.I. JOOOOOOEEEEEE!!!! Sorry, couldn't resist.

I would be screwed as I like to ride inter-state on my motorcycle. So no reliable place to carry other than my person.

But I have read elsewhere that there has not ever been a "test case" of states prosecuting because someone was carrying from a state not recognized by another. And that the prosecutors are not wanting to create a possible situation where one permit from the home state is valid in all 50 by the "full faith and credit" clause.

I certainly cannot see how any govt can say with any logic or validity that they will recognize drivers licenses from any state but not similarly a weapons permit.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom