• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bearclaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Anderson
    I have a friend wanting to bring two pistols that his dad gave him back from Texas where he is from. He does not have his CCP and will be flying down there and back. What is the best way for him to get them back here. I have a gun box/safe that he can use for the plane, but not sure if it matters that he has his permit or not.

Thanks for the advice.

Droogie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2015
    Zionsville
    Check the airline web site for their rules, but it's remarkably easy.

They will have him sign a little orange paper that says the guns are not loaded, and he will put the paper into the locked case. That's it.

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    I just did it last week. Got a good case, plastic 50rd amo box and two good locks (not tsa locks). I took a truck to Daytona then flew back from Orlando. Beretta 96g, 1911, and an lcp. Unloaded, amo in the plastic box, put amo and all three guns in a Plano (pelican like) case and locked it. Declared it, they took what I filled out and taped it to the outside of the case. We both walked it to the oversize check area where tsa ran it thru a metal detector and that was it. It wasn't oversize, I guess that's just how they do it with stuff like that. When you get where you are going, it won't be on the normal baggage claim. You have to go to the claim office to get it.

At least that's how it was for me.

Bearclaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Anderson
    Now he is looking at bringing some rifles back too. So he is going to buy a double case down there and lock it up and just put all the firearms in it. No ammo is come back. He called the airlines and checked too.

Thanks again all.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom