• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmo2003bu

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I live on the west side of Indy and am looking for an FFL with a reasonable transfer fee. My father-in-law, who lives in Virginia, is sending me a gun. I checked one place today and the fee was $35. Is that about par for the course or are there cheaper places out there? I'd rather not drive very far...especially if the price isn't going to be much different. Where do you all recommend?

jim2100

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Try Bass Pro Shop

I paid $15.00 several months ago and was treated real well.

Jim
    Gary, In.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    $15 is about the best out there, although some of the out of the way places are cheaper there aren't many of them. $25 is the MAX I would pay for a transfer.

BIG TIM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fountaintown
    Try Beech Grove Firearms on Main street in Beech Grove. I believe they charge $20. Otherwise i'm with Countryboy. Dont pay more than $25.

preachere

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Mishawaka
    Try pawn shops. Many of them are FFL 01 holders and would gladly take $10 to do a transfer. Most folks don't think of pawn shops to do their transfers.

Regards,
    Eric

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    $25 is the highest I'll pay. Too many willing to do it for less.
    If they want $35 for a transfer, I wonder what their markup is on merchandise!

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    They don't give you a special deal on multiples or lowers?

My local shop is $15 for a single item and $20 for multiples (any number within reason).

Nope, they said $20 per item. It could have been a new guy working though that didn't know. I have only done single transfers at a time with them, but asked about getting 10 Lowers transferred in, that's when he told me $20 each:rolleyes:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Nope, they said $20 per item. It could have been a new guy working though that didn't know. I have only done single transfers at a time with them, but asked about getting 10 Lowers transferred in, that's when he told me $20 each:rolleyes:
    Man, that stinks. I don't understand why some people do this. They aren't doing any extra paperwork, all they're doing is writing down a couple extra serial numbers, the paperwork and phone call etc are already done.

Either way, thats a decent price for a single transer.

Top Bottom