• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    How about some subgun training this year. Would love to get the MP5 to a class.

Too bad you didn't have it last August. Louis Awerbuck did one of his subgun classes. I wanted to do it, but I don't have a subgun and no one who could loan one to me could be there with it while I used it!

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    thanks for the heads up. i don't usually check the site every day. will from now on. website is now fixed.

defensive shotgun 101 will roll out in late april early june. your's is the first request for shogo, stay tuned.

thanks again

I didn't see who would be instructing the Shotgun class. May have missed it?

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    How about some subgun training this year. Would love to get the MP5 to a class.

tom and i have been discussing this, but we're a ways off. right now, we feel that our hands are full with the current line up, with the exception of expanding the competition programs to include some 3gun/multigun and, hopefully, a shotgun course.

i do want everyone to know, however, that we can't even begin to develop programs unless and until you all tell us what you want. rest assured that each and every one of these posts will be reviewed at our meeting.

i notice little interest in medical and survival/emergency prep courses. are we all, myself included, too guncentric?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'd like to see a cold weather survival course offered. :)

Granger W and Tom H would provide some excellent instruction and experience in that regard. Most of Tom's postings were in cold weather climates, often above the arctic circle. Granger did much of his formal survival training in Alaska and has lived in the bush for months at a time.

If some people are interested, I know we could put something together. If no one else is, maybe you could just all hang out some time and do some Q&A.

When is the ice hike again? Maybe we could do a mini-seminar attached with that? We'd have to ask G-Man and Tom if they are willing available, but it's an idea. I actually thought of it a while back, but I got too busy with the end of the semester duties that I had to drop it for a while.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I would like ACT to figure out what you guys do best and offer it to us. I think you guys should determine that. 2-3 types of classes would be great.

1 Pistol
    2 Rifle
    3 Medical

Really refine these bread and butter classes and then decide if you want to get into sub gun, shot guns, survival etc etc. I prefer to go to a class that has been refined and taught many times than something that was just put together. I think its easier to teach a couple of things and do them really well than have a bunch of offerings. That is what I have found in my own profession when I'm teaching students (non-firearms related)

Best of luck!

Mike

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    I would like ACT to figure out what you guys do best and offer it to us. I think you guys should determine that. 2-3 types of classes would be great.

1 Pistol
    2 Rifle
    3 Medical

Really refine these bread and butter classes and then decide if you want to get into sub gun, shot guns, survival etc etc. I prefer to go to a class that has been refined and taught many times than something that was just put together. I think its easier to teach a couple of things and do them really well than have a bunch of offerings. That is what I have found in my own profession when I'm teaching students (non-firearms related)

Best of luck!

Mike

good point, thanks mike.

Top Bottom