• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    My biggest goal for 2014 is to get more dry fire practice in and to get my feet right. I grew up on Weaver and while I've trained my hands and arms to go where I want them to, but I'm still blading myself and dropping one foot back. That's stupid, especially for someone wearing armor, since it presents the armpit opening of the armor toward the threat. I understand its stupid. My feet don't. I'm planning on doing some more static range time working on the fundamentals and getting my feet right, but continuing to do moving drills on steel as well. I feel like I've been doing too much dynamic vs static shooting and have suffered somewhat in the basics for that. I need to do some more static bull's eye type work in my routine to counteract that.

So what's your goals?

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    Focus on cross-platform weapon drills. I need to hone my ability to switch from MP5 to M4 to shotgun to secondary weapon seamlessly and with near-equal capability. Doesn't sound too complicated, but add 30 lbs of gear and near off-the-chart heart rate and BP and it's a task ripe with opportunities for failure.

Feet. I'm -still- having to think about which foot leads on room entry. That's bad and something I'll continue to work on.

The whole NODS/IR laser thing. I continue to be unimpressed with using flashlights and visible lasers. They work in both directions and give hostiles a near perfect POA. After working with a friend's IR setup several months ago, I'm determined to go lights out in 2014 and have started fortifying the bank account to that end.

Significantly increase force-on-force training. There are so many exciting options here that just beg to be explored. I've fooled with Krav Maga just enough to be a threat to myself, and that's a shame. An option that's kinda stuck in my head is purchasing a top-end M4 airsoft carbine and integrating that into my training, in both dynamic entry and FoF roles. I've only used the pistols so far, but that's just primary training for my secondary weapon. Sounds like some knife fighting workshops may be on tap for the coming year, too!

Explore and utilize more distraction/disorientation tools. It doesn't always take a full-blown gun battle to win the day.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Focus on cross-platform weapon drills. I need to hone my ability to switch from MP5 to M4 to shotgun to secondary weapon seamlessly and with near-equal capability. Doesn't sound too complicated, but add 30 lbs of gear and near off-the-chart heart rate and BP and it's a task ripe with opportunities for failure.

Feet. I'm -still- having to think about which foot leads on room entry. That's bad and something I'll continue to work on.

The whole NODS/IR laser thing. I continue to be unimpressed with using flashlights and visible lasers. They work in both directions and give hostiles a near perfect POA. After working with a friend's IR setup several months ago, I'm determined to go lights out in 2014 and have started fortifying the bank account to that end.

Significantly increase force-on-force training. There are so many exciting options here that just beg to be explored. I've fooled with Krav Maga just enough to be a threat to myself, and that's a shame. An option that's kinda stuck in my head is purchasing a top-end M4 airsoft carbine and integrating that into my training, in both dynamic entry and FoF roles. I've only used the pistols so far, but that's just primary training for my secondary weapon. Sounds like some knife fighting workshops may be on tap for the coming year, too!

Explore and utilize more distraction/disorientation tools. It doesn't always take a full-blown gun battle to win the day.

If I may ask, what is your line of work?

Top Bottom