Training facility near 116th & Allisonville?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AverageMidwest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fishers
    Kind of an off-the-wall question....

I live in the vicinity of 116th & Allisonville. There have been many days when I've gone out on my back porch and heard what sound like live fire exercises over to the west - lots of rapid single shots and what sounds like full automatic fire. It definitely doesn't sound like any kind of construction noise, unless there's some kind of nine millimeter nail gun that I haven't heard about. Does anyone know of any kind of law enforcement training facility over in that area, like maybe in the area of the gravel pits between 96th and 116 along Hazel Dell Parkway? Pure curiousity on my part - if there is such a facility the authorities sure aren't advertising it, but it can't be all that much of a secret either.

boman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    indianapolis
    Carmel PD has a range behind the waste water treatment plant at 96th right on the river---probably what you are hearing.

Steve

AverageMidwest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fishers
    Carmel PD has a range behind the waste water treatment plant at 96th right on the river---probably what you are hearing.

Steve
    Yup, looks like a range from an aerial view. Bet they'd like to have another location, as aromatic as the treatment plant usually is.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    That was me. I use my .22 blank dummy launcher in a friends backyard near there to train my lab. Sit in the hot tub while the dog works her butt off.

Top Bottom