• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tim1911

Marksman
    Rating - 87%
    20   3   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Southside Indy
    I'm looking to take a pistol class with my dad for his Christmas present. He owns a pistol for self defense/home protection. I'd call his skills beginner to intermediate at best. I have run through dry fire drills and done what I could do at public ranges, but think he may need some formal training to drive some things home. I'm looking for a basic class, close-ish to Indianapolis. I'd maybe go up to an hour or two away for the right one. Indoor range would be a huge plus, a I'd like to do this in the January/February time frame (pending no end of the world, zombie apocalypse scenario in December, of course. :n00b:). My brother may even join. Any thoughts on this guys? Thanks.

Jarhead1775

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Rushville
    :yesway:

Id be thrilled if someone wanted to pay to further my firearms skills regardless how much I did or did not know about them.

I think it is an awesome idea:rockwoot:

derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I'd agree with Mindset Labs but you might also check out Indy Gun Safety in Noblesville. IGS uses the iMarksman simulator in their classroom as well as the Sirt Pistol.

Mindset Lab | Real Training + Real Testing
    Indy Gun Safety Home

I've taken 2 classes with Shay @ Mindset and 3 classes with Randy @ Indy Gun Safety and they are both top notch trainers and very personable guys. I can't recommend both of them enough.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Regardless of where you go, training as a gift is a great idea. Many years ago I took a rifle class with my dad and we had a very memorable time together.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    A training gift certificate is a great gift idea any time of the year. Not only is it unique, it also says (covertly of course) "I care about you". If he has never had a FORMAL course start with Basic Pistol and build from there. You can order gift certificates right from our website or you can stop by the shop.

smccabe17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    I gave my parents a gift of training for Mother's day and his birthday to Mindset Lab's Intro to FoF. I think it was one of the best gifts I have given them.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I'm looking to take a pistol class with my dad for his Christmas present. He owns a pistol for self defense/home protection. I'd call his skills beginner to intermediate at best. I have run through dry fire drills and done what I could do at public ranges, but think he may need some formal training to drive some things home. I'm looking for a basic class, close-ish to Indianapolis. I'd maybe go up to an hour or two away for the right one. Indoor range would be a huge plus, a I'd like to do this in the January/February time frame (pending no end of the world, zombie apocalypse scenario in December, of course. :n00b:). My brother may even join. Any thoughts on this guys? Thanks.

TFT offers gift certificates for our training courses (https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-tft_holiday_gift_certificates_available.html), and NRA Basic Pistol would be perfect. Our course schedule is located at www.tactical-firearms.com.

And by the way, after getting the basics down, Mindset Lab's "Force on Force" and other courses are a MUST. Great training.

We'd love to see you and your dad in a course soon!

Guy

Top Bottom