• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    You betcha! I set it out 2 weeks ago to start getting pics. This is a new cam that my sis/bil got me for Christmas. I've got it set on a 5 shot burst. The first pic was a test run to see how the aim was and then I put the card back in a let it go. Not a lot of activity but that's to be expected.

I was actually expecting more turkey pics but they just weren't moving in the area is all I can guess. Did get this nice Tom passing by though.

This new cam has an infrared flash which is already proving its mettle. The only issue I'm seeing is a lot of distortion on the night pics.

Finally, I have confirmation of the first buck on the cam. It just so happened to be this morning. I think he's on to the camera.:D

Mcolson181

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Nov 11, 2012
    SE Indiana
    I've been thinking the same thing. I need to invest in a few more cam's, I've used Wildgame Innovations with ok results but think I might switch brands this time.

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    I left my cameras out all year and check them every 4-6 weeks. The cameras are Wildgame Innovations Red 6 Enhanced. They seem to work ok, especially for the price.

24robinson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2013
    southern indiana
    I start my trail cameras in mid to late June. By then the deer have developed their antlers enough to tell if they have an 8 or 10 main frame. Have had really good luck with Stealth Cameras. Wildgame Innovations were very poor for me.

.356luger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    martinsville
    Pulled down 217 pics on one cam in 2 weeks now i need to get my other one back out on another part of the property. It was 11 different deer and 1 bucknot to shabby in my opinion.

jeeper038

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    I went and set mine out this Wednesday. I was able to get a few photos and video of deer. Hopefully those deer have grown since fall!

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Update time! Got confirmation on 2 bucks roaming the area. The main camera hog is developing into a 7 pointer (missing right brow tine). Not quite passed his ears and not a lot of height. The other appears to be an 8 and is not common on the cam but the bottom 2 pics are of him. The top is the 7 that is hanging around quite a bit. Had a lot of pics of him. Not much activity other wise. Still waiting to see if anymore bobcats show up.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Due to computer issues I've been having since late July I haven't been able to update this thread but here it goes! The 7 and 8 pointers are still hanging around. Had a small 4 show up recently. Other than that just normal stuff. No bobcats. I did move the cam back away from the field and I'm glad I did. I now hate to think how many pics I've missed in the past by having it close to the field. The tree it was on is in the left side of the pics.

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    I need to get up to the farm and pull my cards and replace batteries. It's been about late June, early July when I was there last. Like to see who and what has been passing through.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Wish I had a place to put out a trail cam! Been dealing with remodeling for way longer than I ever wanted! Still planning to get a pole barn/garage done this fall. Maybe next year I can get some acreage and get in the game!

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Well it's been over a month but it's a lot of the same 'ol, same 'ol. The 7 and 8 are still hanging around. More does showing up so hopefully more bucks will. Bigger ones at that. Also got pics from the new cam but with the location I set it at didn't really prove productive. I'll give it one more set where it's at and if it doesn't improve I'll move it. May move it anyway; who knows?

First 3 pics are from the new cam; Wildgame Innovations. Cheapy from Wal-Mart but it did take some decent pics.

Nice silhouette pic.

Eyecon cam.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I can't really say. The Eyecon was a Christmas present last year and I'm not sure what the retail of it was. The Wildgame was $70 at Wal-Mart and it did ok on the first go of pics but I did place it in a low activity area. I'm planning on moving it Sunday when I go check the cams (won't be able to hunt though...maybe).

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    These are the two big boys that my hunting partner and I are after this year.

image_zpsf08230c4.jpg

image_zps9c9f1f5e.jpg

We got a look at them both last week but they were out of bow range and we were out of camera light. Hope to see them again in a couple of weeks.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Not a lot of activity in the last 2 week period but I did get another bobcat pic! Been 2 years and this looks much bigger than the last pic I got back in Sept. '11.

Top Bottom