Traffic stop, officer confiscated my firearms.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    You want to multitask and use your cell phone while adjusting the radio while drinking your morning beer while putting on your lipstick while eating bacon while driving your car. If you can do it, fine.

Wait, before you said one beer & you should lose driving priveleges if not be thrown in jail. Now you say if you can handle it, then fine?

I'm so confused...:n00b:

You want to talk rights and privileges? I've been the first on scene and used a shovel to scrape up what was left of people's rights and privileges.

That's the great thing about our system of laws. YOU, as cop, (or anyone else) don't get to decide what Rights we have. I'm sure there are things that you do that other people may not think you should have the Right to do. Like carry a gun, perhaps? And I'm sure their reasons for wanting to limit YOUR Rights are just as compelling to them as yours are to you. Maybe they had someone close to them murdered by a person with a gun.

Should we limit everyone's Rights just because SOME people do stupid things?

Last edited:

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Never a good idea. It might be different driving on a country road but pulling a trailer is not the right thing to do. Look at the big picture. When his insurance company hears about it, what's going to be their reaction? Will he have insurance anymore? Besides, he doesn't have a license.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    He's too young to be placed in that position where he could hurt someone. He could jeopardize his license. This could have been avoided by either not drinking or calling someone to pick you up.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    Convince me how you're not.

There is a big difference between a 9 year old on a booster seat and a 15 year old a few months shy of getting a permit.

I was not using the kid as a designated driver to avoid a DUI, and did not stop at gas stations or such bragging to that effect.

I have a clean record.

I did not refuse a breath test and cooperated fully. When I was tested, I was under the legal limit.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    There is a big difference between a 9 year old on a booster seat and a 15 year old a few months shy of getting a permit.

I was not using the kid as a designated driver to avoid a DUI, and did not stop at gas stations or such bragging to that effect.

I have a clean record.

I did not refuse a breath test and cooperated fully. When I was tested, I was under the legal limit.

He still cannot drive your car.

You have to be 18 to vote...not 17.

You have to be 21 to be served alcohol...not 20.

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    Do not be so proud of your 0.07BAC and not being over the limit. The PBT will be low in your favor - they are not calibrated. You could have also been on your way up and had he taklen you for a certified test - you could have very well been over.

You still will not admit to the risk you opened your son up to by doing this, not to mention the actual consequences. I hope that they finally get through to you before you do something even more stupid.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Do not be so proud of your 0.07BAC and not being over the limit. The PBT will be low in your favor - they are not calibrated. You could have also been on your way up and had he taklen you for a certified test - you could have very well been over.

You still will not admit to the risk you opened your son up to by doing this, not to mention the actual consequences. I hope that they finally get through to you before you do something even more stupid.

^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Does anyone know what would have happened to the son if he would have been ticketed?

In our county a child 15 can't get a ticket. He would go to juvenile court. The father would still get a ticket for allowing a juvenile drive.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    In our county a child 15 can't get a ticket. He would go to juvenile court. The father would still get a ticket for allowing a juvenile drive.

Exactly what should happen and hopefully nothing would come of the juvy court...It's not easy for a 15 year old to tell his Dad to take a hike.

I'm glad my Dad never put me in that position.

Top Bottom