• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    So to summarize, if you're not an officer you can't be 17 with a gun and pot on school grounds? :dunno:

I can't stand when I wind up near a school parking area I hadn't planned on being in. We should be able to leave it in the freaking car.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This mornings newspaper said that the gun was never pointed at anyone and no one was thretened. Guess he was just showing it to some friends.

Please correct me if I'm wrong here. I know we are making fun of the news media and the system, etc. However, doesn't this qualify as being pretty darned stupid? Wouldn't it be very very hard to be so naive as to not understand "no tolerance?"

Chasegp8

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2012
    Please correct me if I'm wrong here. I know we are making fun of the news media and the system, etc. However, doesn't this qualify as being pretty darned stupid? Wouldn't it be very very hard to be so naive as to not understand "no tolerance?"

Are you saying that not everyone follows the law.....I always thought more laws meant less crime.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    They were shown the gun the teen had apparently taken from his father. It was hidden in the garage, and Chief Heminger said he claimed he had not see it in a year.

Hadn't seen it in a year?

Does this mean he knew it was gone, but didn't know where it was or that he just threw it in a drawer somewhere and forgot about it.

I like mine too much to not take them out every now and then and "play" with 'em. Whenever I open my safe, I do a quick check to make sure they're all in their spot.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Are you saying that not everyone follows the law.....I always thought more laws meant less crime.

Agree or not, I'm not arguing the law. I'm just saying that if you are a HS student, how could you not know that you weren't supposed to have guns on the premiss?

lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center
    That is one effed up news article! Do colleges still teach journalism?

That's what I was thinking. Maybe she majored in cosmetology:dunno:

Cmon, do you expect much more from an info babe?

314395820-05130144.jpg

That pic doesn't even do her justice.

Lookin' good...but the world needs pole dancers too!

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    My how times have changed. It use to be acceptable to bring a cased rifle to school if you were on the rifle team, or a squirrel rifle if you wanted to go hunting with your buddies after school. They use to teach shooting in gym class. You might have need a note from a parent, but it was not a big deal. I am not agreeing with what the kid did, but the consequences are much different now.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My how times have changed. It use to be acceptable to bring a cased rifle to school if you were on the rifle team, or a squirrel rifle if you wanted to go hunting with your buddies after school. They use to teach shooting in gym class. You might have need a note from a parent, but it was not a big deal. I am not agreeing with what the kid did, but the consequences are much different now.

We used to teach our kids lots of things that are now considered taboo.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    It's a shame things have changed so much--the problem is societal. When I was growing up, there were guns around the house. We were taught how to use them and definitely not to jack with them. They were tools--not a big deal. No "forbidden fruit" aspect. You can take a hammer out of the tool box and hit someone in the head with it, right? They do still have hammers in shop class? Now, kids often grow up so flippant and irreverent... You've got gun violence on TV everywhere you look. The media makes evil people like the Batman shooter household names. One look at the comments section of most tragic YouTube videos shows how desensitized younger generations have become. It feels almost like everyone grows up thinking life is a video game and you can just push the reset button. It's no wonder our rights are being threatened and restricted at every turn. I wish more parents (who mostly would never be found here) would be more involved and do a better job raising their kids. That's probably one of the best ways to maintain and protect our rights--reverse these trends that are eroding them.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom