• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Right up there with "just trying to get what I have in it". That's a you problem. Supply / demand dictates price, not how much you paid for it whenever you bought it. If

Agreed.

And it does go both ways. I'm personally guilty of riding the wave of supply and demand on a couple of items sold when demand was higher than supply. Didn't have to tell any buyers that though. They knew exactly what they were getting and bought quick, the same as me when I was on the other end.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Wanna know why I do it? Because you wouldn’t BELIEVE how many times people have no clue what they’re trying to buy. Here, other forums, the (intolerably awful) Facebook buy/sell chat groups, it’s all the same. For every guy like you who has a clue what something’s worth, there are a hundred more who want to offer you 1/4 of retail. Get’s super old to the point that I often don’t answer such inquiries or offers. So sometimes I’ll point out what it’s currently worth.

For instance, I have a Tikka listed right now. Lowest retail price I could find for a comparable model was about $1450 before tax, shipping, and transfer fee. So yeah, when I have something in very good condition, sometimes I’ll bump it with a “hey, save 35% with mine vs new.” I feel no shame in doing so. :dunno:

The neat part is, if you’re really that put off about the ad, move on. Nobody’s making you buy from them, but if you’re passing up a good deal just because the ad ruffled one of your particular feathers, that seems pretty foolish to me lol.

I was not directing my comment at your add sir. I'm sorry if it might have been perceived as such!

As if I would be listened to anyway, I'm just putting in my :twocents: on how I perceive adds in the classy's. What sells me and what doesn't.

If your add wording is working for you, then keep going with that technique.
    We have some used car salesmen INGOers that post in the classy's on occasion also, with some "really nice," stuff. ;) They'll be along to yell at me soon also. :)

I just think it's helpful for us all to communicate what sells us and what might be taken as ehhhh, unwilling to adapt to the environment.

One way or another, thank you sir for participating in our INGO classifieds! :yesway:

We need lots of activity to keep the classy's being a go to place for all. More activity means a better understanding of the buying/selling atmosphere to Indiana's gun owners.

:ingo:

Last edited:

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    I was not directing my comment at your add sir. I'm sorry if it might have been perceived as such!

As if I would be listened to anyway, I'm just putting in my :twocents: on how I perceive adds in the classy's. What sells me and what doesn't.

If your add wording is working for you, then keep going with that technique.
    We have some used car salesmen INGOers that post in the classy's on occasion also, with some "really nice," stuff. ;) They'll be along to yell at me soon also. :)

I just think it's helpful for us all to communicate what sells us and what might be taken as ehhhh, unwilling to adapt to the environment.

One way or another, thank you sir for participating in our INGO classifieds! :yesway:

We need lots of activity to keep the classy's being a go to place for all. More activity means a better understanding of the buying/selling atmosphere to Indiana's gun owners.

:ingo:

Oh, I didn’t think you were calling me out, I chose to out myself lol. In part because I figured I met the criteria, so I thought I’d just weigh in on why I’m “one of those guys.” It is interesting to see the different approaches people take in their ads though, isn’t it? :)

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At my Hermitage
    You'll do well in Corvette circles, then.

"One of 7 ordered with optional shorter sun visors, shiny lemon yellow exterior, spare tire delete. Has rare .5 in/lb of torque stiffer volume knob. No low ballers, I know what I've got."
    I love those words... "I know what I've got". What does that actually mean?
    :lmfao:

Last edited:

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I totally avoid trades, reasoning with some people is something I'm not willing to put myself through. selling id hard enough sometimes, I don't have that kind of patience any more.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I totally avoid trades, reasoning with some people is something I'm not willing to put myself through. selling id hard enough sometimes, I don't have that kind of patience any more.

I never say never, but I have a tendency to agree with you on this. I don't want to be evaluating and negotiating in a parking lot.

I much prefer to have the decisions all made before leaving the house.

I'll often "watch" the WTT add until the seller decides to change the add to WTS and adds a price. If the add's not moving I have conversed with the seller to attempt a purchase.

:twocents:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    And all the newbies on here that want you to drive a hour or more just to look at what you have for sale:whistle:

I've never had that problem, but then again communication is key for me.

"Just so we're clear, you are telling me "I'll take it," as long as I'm not misrepresenting anything in my add? You are bringing the agreed upon price in correct change cash, right?"

"This isn't looky-lew. That's what the pictures and description is for. If you aren't sure, please check back when you are. Or ask for more detail, pics, etc."

"Please reply to this conversation via txt message to XXX-XXX-XXXX, so we'll have contact info, in the even of any travel issues."

:nono:

Last edited:

stevezx2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2018
    Hartford City
    I've only had one trade experience and that was someone with a 308 wanted a 30-06. His 308 was the next step up from the model 30-06 I had, but his was kinda dirty and used. We did an even trade and we were both happy. I took the 308 home, disassembled it, and showed it some of the attention that it had been needing.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I always like to let everyone know that everything I am selling is really rare.
    That only holds true while we keep our republic. It is only rare now because you are the only one who can sell it(wait can I sell your stuff?I can just imagine how much money I could make if I could sell other peoples stuff!). In the new democracy of "own nothing and be happy" well other people will.

Top Bottom