Trade PT709s for kahr cw9? Would you or not?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cole46845

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    I have a brand new Taurus 709 slim and wanna either sell or trade so I put on arms list and found a guy wanting go trade his cw9 with 100 rounds thru it. Any issues with the kahr cw9 I need to be aware of and would you make the trade if in my shoes?

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    If you have a reliable weapon, why give it up? Use the extra cash to buy ammo.

^this^ unless you really really want the Kahr and/or it's a straight up trade. It would also depend on whether you have all the support gear for your current pistol (holster, mags, etc.) because you'll be looking at having to get those items for a new one. And with current market trends, you may want to look into the availability of spare mags for both pistols, and go with the one you can more readily find mags for.

Cole46845

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    It was a impulse buy. I have several handguns and this one isnt being used. Just wondering which backup gun people would rather have. I usually carry a glock or Springfield

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I've owned both, both are good. My preference would be the Kahr in a straight up trade. Try the triggers on both - see which you like better and go with it

anifong

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Marshall County, IN
    Of the two have only owned a Kahr but am very impressed with how solid it feels. Mags are a bit expensive. Would love to pick up one in 9mm. I say go for it, especially if the Taurus isn't being used.

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Personally, I'd trade that Taurus for that Kahr any day of the week. And twice on Sundays.

-J-

Ditto.

I know I'm the Kahr fanboy of the forum, but I would trust my life with a Kahr over a Taurus any day of the week.

I've put around a thousand rounds through my CW9 and it just eats it up. I've shot a lot of pistols and I prefer my CW9 out of all of them. YMMV and good luck friend.

(either way...this is a good problem to have ;))

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Personally, I'd trade that Taurus for that Kahr any day of the week. And twice on Sundays.

-J-
    I have to agree here. I like Taurus revolvers, but had a TCP and sold it. Just bought a CM9. I believe it is a way better pistol. If you are not familiar with Kahr, the CW9 is just a slightly larger version of the CM9. The CW9 will be a little more difficult to CC than your little Taurus, but I think you will be impressed with the CW9 if you make the trade.

Top Bottom