• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have traded Bob at PSP several times. If you take a real cheap gun or an unpopular gun, he can not allow you much because he will have trouble selling it. If you take a quality gun or a popular gun, that he can move easy, he will be fair with you. Bob knows guns, some other gun shops just go by a book and give you a % of what your trade is worth. Indy Tactical Supply in Mooresville has made some very reasonable trades with me. That is one of the 1st places I go to buy or trade. He is a small shop so selection is small but he has a quick turnover of inventory.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Common sense can be used here. If you have a gun you can sell to an Individual or on Gunbroker for $500, the dealer you are wanting to trade with knows that. He cannot pay $500 or he will soon be out of business. He would at best pay $300 to $350. Just like a car dealer he is in business to make money. If you have a used car for sale - sell it yourself. A used gun is the same (and usually easier to sell quickly). Either wait to get your 50 posts (or become a site supporter) and put it on the classifieds here, or sell it on Gunbroker. Selling it here FTF would probably make you the most as you do not need to go through an FFL.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    you would be better off going and trading it off at a gunshow rather then a gun shop

I have never seen that. gun shows are sometimes the worst places because in my experience both the dealers and the attendees are *&^'s trying to either screw you or take up your time asking because they are just nosey!

My advice whatever you have from a black powder revolver to an AR 15
    put it on Gunsamerica and list it as a Pre ban and people will trip over each other to buy it! LOL

Yes I'm sort of joking but there is 70% truth to my BS ing

It seems here (Indiana) since I moved back the trick to selling something is people will pay what you want as long as they think you are getting hosed/down on your luck whatever. They like the feeling that they are turning the screws to you or something.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    In my experience, Plainfield Shooting Supplies gives the most on trade-ins, so much do that I stopped shopping around because they were best 100% of the times I did.

I believe most people will back me up on this. You will get the most from Plainfield Shooting Supplies, more than any other gun shop will give you. Now Bob the owner will even tell you that you will get more by selling outright yourself. I have done several trade in's with Bob and he gets pretty dang close to what you would get from the classifieds here when you are trading in to buy something else from him.

That is the experience I have had and many of the people I know that buy from Plainfield.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

PSS will give you a fair trade value on any gun.
    I get good trade value at west side loan as well.

Another vote for PSS. Also remember that if you are buying another gun, you only pay tax on the difference. That can help even up what you get.

All of these folks speak the truth. Hands down, if you trade at a shop, PSS will give you the best trade in. I've traded a couple of items there and been treated very fairly. I also took one of my items to another local shop in the area that is widely respected and they quoted me less than 1/3 what Bob offered.

Joseph

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    cambridge city
    Ya never trade in, gun shop owners are in the business of making money, and like any good business man but low sell high. Set a fair price and you will sell it easy.

NickXD

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    SE Indy
    Thanks, I am thinking I will become a site supporter so can list it here and if it doesn't sell then I will just take it to Plainfield (that is where I bought it anyway).

-Nick

Top Bottom