• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trophy hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    southern indiana
    I trust one thing, that Toyota is being shaken done by a gang of Chicago thugs in the White House and their co-conspirators in the media.

This is driven by fraud and deception, see above, and ulterior motives of grabbing more market share for GM and Chrysler based on politics, not merit of the vehicles.

The federal government is attempting to drive a private business into the ground. We should all be greatly concerned.

well i`m greatly concerned about it,its my job on the line as i make parts for toyota everyday.i know how strict there quaility standards are with us and i dought they would skip on something as big of a safty issuse as this..so i agree its a witch hunt.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    How much noise would a spare tire make falling off the truck? :D
    Remind me to not drive behind any of those trucks. ;)

Not safe in front of 'em and not safe to follow one. What was that Nader said when it was considered fun to tear down the industry that built this country? Something like "Not safe at ANY SPEED!" I bet that was a secret plot by Tieyoder's company unions and their propaganda machines.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Not safe in front of 'em and not safe to follow one. What was that Nader said when it was considered fun to tear down the industry that built this country? Something like "Not safe at ANY SPEED!" I bet that was a secret plot by Tieyoder's company unions and their propaganda machines.

Unsafe at Any Speed was a book by Ralph Nader in the 1960's. He attacked, primarily, the Chevrolet Corvair, but included attacks against the entire American auto industry.

The Corvair was considered unsafe because, past the limit of tire adhesion, it would go off the road backwards instead of frontwards. Its called oversteer instead of understeer.

All companies were guilty of NOT standardizing the method of gear selection on automatic transmissions. Some used push buttons, some used levers on the steering column, some, levers on the dash, and some put the selector on the floor between the seats. American drivers were assumed to be unable to adapt to different shift locations, likely to become confused, and likely to select the wrong gear and crash
    One company, I believe it was Ford, was accused of intentionally putting a sharp metal trim piece exactly where most small children hit their heads on the dash during a crash.

This kind of thinking lead to automatic seat belts and ignition interlocks to keep the car from starting unless all seat belts in occupied seats were fashioned. These were required by Federal law because American drivers were considered too stupid to be safe.

Hmmm...if a driver doesn't know if he tried to put the car in neutral, maybe they were right.

Doug

Top Bottom