• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    There were 24000 cases of SUA reported in the last decade, most of those did not involve Toyotas.

Personal experience, as stated in the other thread:

My one and only case of SUA happened in my 1999 GMC Sierra. I shifted to neutral and killed the engine. When I restarted the truck, it immediately revved to max again. I shut it off, then disconnected the battery. Restarted again, seemed OK, drove it (carefully!) to the nearest dealership, where they charged me $500 to replace some computer control module that had gone bad.

From what I know about solid state electronics, going bad like this is a very rare thing. I'd be amazed if it happened on thousands of Toyota vehicles, but I could readily believe a dozen or so out of those thousands. I don't believe Toyota deserves all the negative press it's getting, and I agree with those who say it's a DC hatchet job. I still drive my Sierra, and have had no further problems with it, but you don't see me crying for the cameras over my near-brownpants experience.

fyrefyter101

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    south of fortwayne
    I had a 1991 chevy pickup truck that had cruise control and delay wipers and once in a while if you had the cruise control set and the delay wipers on, it would either accelerate of go to idle when the wipers would come on, I never killed myself or anyone else! maybe because I dont follow to closely or talk on the phone while im driving. Im not saying that there might not be a problem with toyotas but I think if people would pay a little bit more attention to driving instead of looking for an excuse maybe the problem wouldnt be so wide spread!

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Its pretty obvious to me that the real issue here is Govt. folks picking on foreign folks and trying to discredit them so folks will start buying more cars from the big 3.

How many "unintended accelleration" problems happen with big 3 autos...Anyone?:dunno:

I am sure there are quite a few

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Thanks for the post, Kirk.

I think Toyota is being demonized as it helps the new government owned car companies. I'm not saying there couldn't be a problem, but the pouncing has been out of control.

Toyota is not only a huge employer down here in SW Indiana, they are one of the largest supporters of our community. They are as good a friend -- if not better -- than any company ever has been down here.

Hear, hear! TMMI has been a very good employer for me and a fine member of the community.

JAMZ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    its our own fault for not supporting our own country and relying on forien crap for the here and now look at something shiney buyer

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Heard Mark Levin talking tonight about the guy in California who called 911 about his Toyota. Sounds like the guy is in major financial trouble and is a very shady character. Surely someone wouldn't try to take advantage of Toyota for a payout.

Top Bottom