• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • catch 22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    The OP knows how to surf the net, send e-mail, and use Skype but cannot figure out how to post a photo to a file sharing site??? This could be interesting.

Mike G, Hi, dont know what to say but let me say this,seems like you got some trust issues going. I have sent the pic to a fellow member and I am sure he will post the pic.

I am from Paarl South Africa, a very keen hunter and fisherman, BUT, when it comes to computers, well, I suck.:dunno:

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    very neat gun..are you sure its a toy? very detailed if it is a toy. I couldnt find any info the old fashion way {google}.
    you said it may of been found on a ship wreck? that I highly doubt. salt water plays havoc on metal and the wood of that gun would be gone,all that would be left would be a barnacle encrusted silhouette of a gun. but it does look very old!

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

gunluster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    Googled "Harman Barne" and found this:

http://www.bonhams.com/Issue13.48.pdf

- and -

Britannia & Muscovy: English Silver ... - Google Book Search

Doesn't talk about that pistol specifically but it talks about this Harman Barne as being a gunsmith in the mid 1600's. The only references I can find are to him making carbines but that isn't to say that he didn't make pistols as well. Anyway, if it's authentic then I'm sure it's very rare and valuable.

I read through your first link...It seems as if this was a rather high quality "toy" reproduction. BTW....how does a fella from South Africa get to a website for a bunch of "Hoosiers"? Just to let you know "Hoosier" is another name for a resident of Indiana. I guess Google knows no boundaries.:patriot:

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Mike G, Hi, dont know what to say but let me say this,seems like you got some trust issues going. I have sent the pic to a fellow member and I am sure he will post the pic.

I am from Paarl South Africa, a very keen hunter and fisherman, BUT, when it comes to computers, well, I suck.:dunno:

What a coincidence!!
    I have just received 40 Millions Dollars from a Friend over there. Here is the letter I received (names removed for confidentiality):
    I am WILLIAM M*** the only son of PETER M*** who died in a motor accident some months ago he was a contractor to federal government of South Africa. Before he gives up in the hospital he told my mother and I that he deposited sum of US $ 40 million with a security company and where the document is. But he did not let them know that the content is money.
    Since after my father's death my uncles bringing troubling my mother with their useless traditional there have taking all of my father's belongings/properties and left us with nothing just because, my mother is not from South Africa. As a result of this problem my mother feel into an illness. Now she is seriously sick and I have spent all the money we have on drugs and hospital bill.
    We have nothing to do than to look for a way to claim the consignment (money) form the security company. We have contacted them and them said before the consignment will be released to us that we are going to pay for the demurrage. Now we are looking for some one who will assist us and claim the consignment (money) so that when it arrived to his home/ country he will take his own share and send us our own. I am writing this mail to see if you can assist us.
    Upon receipt of your acknowledgment mail I shall send you the contact of the security company as well as our telephone number.
    I sent all my information to him and should be getting the deposit into my account very soon.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Toy or not, that's a pretty cool looking replica.
    I'll agree with the "cute dog, too" comment, as well.:yesway:
    Basset Hounds... gotta love those ears!! :D

Top Bottom