• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I don't know how bad it actually was while I was at work. But I do know right about 2:30 am the tornado warning in the warehouse went off and we all headed to the designated "shelters". Sad part is only places in that warehouse capable of that are the main restrooms up front, and the boiler room near shipping. Everything else would be torn up like a tin can.:):

J man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Defiance, OH area
    My town's tornado sirens are going off right now! Just in case, it's been nice knowing all of you! :ingo:

What is that?

We actually do not have any here. We had one hit at the end of our street about 2 years ago, had no idea till one of my wife's friend called to ask if we were ok. We were sitting at the table eating dinner at the time. After that we decided it was time to get a antenna for the TV so we could see the weather, went two years without one.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I think Indiana finally changed their rules on "sirens". For a while, they sounded for ANY reason. Tornados, thunderstorms, warnings, watches, alerts, Amber alerts, whatever. They are finally going back to weather alerts only. Mine STILL sounded every time my weather radio when off, even for "watches" and not just "warnings". Too much like crying wolf for me.

Tornado sirens should mean "take cover NOW", not "Hey, it might rain sometime in the next hour or so, or not".

Top Bottom