• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    368   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Update: couldn't edit the OP, received an email reply 6/17 just saying shop was closed till further notice and he would let folks know more later. Fast forward to yesterday 7/8, I received a text asking about my schedule. He plans to set appointments for folks to come in for transfers.

Gosh with luck I may get it shy of the two month mark.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Update: couldn't edit the OP, received an email reply 6/17 just saying shop was closed till further notice and he would let folks know more later. Fast forward to yesterday 7/8, I received a text asking about my schedule. He plans to set appointments for folks to come in for transfers.

Glad you'll get it though

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville

I know you've been down a long road with this purchase/delivery.
    I'm sure the family has been through a tough time. But it's good to hear they're finally moving towards getting things buttoned up.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    368   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I know you've been down a long road with this purchase/delivery.
    I'm sure the family has been through a tough time. But it's good to hear they're finally moving towards getting things buttoned up.
    Yep, for his sake I hope this is an indication of healing. The gun's just another Beretta which will sit in the safe , too long unfired.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I had same thing happen. They make a few attempts to deliver then it goes back to the place you bought from. Pick another FFL and grab it up. Now if someone took delivery you got problems.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    So I found out a little more about the gun shop owners illnesses (and there were quite a few that happened all right close together)

And he’s lucky to be alive! (sepsis)

He’s making appointments for people to pick up their guns, and he’s even making a trip to his shop to find things to donate for our Friends of the NRA banquet, not making excuses just letting everyone know the situation.

Hellcat314!

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2024
    Fort Wayne
    This is a weird situation. I ordered a pistol on May 11th, spur of the moment purchase of a model I have been wanting when it popped up on sale. Shipped from Gunprime; I chose a local FFL I occasionally use. i did not know they had posted in early May the shop would be closed temporarily due to some owner health issues and his elderly father's decline. While on order the FFL's elderly father went into hospice then passed. Funeral was on the 14th, gun was delivered to the shop the 15th.

I am sympathetic and understand this is a chaotic and emotional time. However it has been two weeks with no communication, the shop remains closed, and no new postings on FB. Prior to hearing about the problems I had sent a text to the FFL notifying him of the incoming shipment. I feel that I should at least have heard from them by now. Thoughts?
    Wow, yeah sorry for this. Had a similar (not as finite) situation before. I wonder if it was even signed for on delivery, or if nobody was there to even sign for it (otherwise occupied with last days of loved one), it just went back to the original FFL dealer. That has happened before. But I dinahree with others on both ends of this, we don't know what family is going through teying to grieve and get all things and affairs in order to move in, and at the same time someone needs to be aware and as a courtesy contact those (others) who might be affected. I suspect you are not alone in this. I would reach out (even a letter-old fashioned way), and of necessary contact local sheriff Dept of you have any contacts to see if they can help. Ebwmtuakku, this becomes a legal issue with a firearm that may be unclaimed and in the possession of those who do not own it legally, and I till you sign for II and complete the ffl form and pick it up, not even you, although you bought it already...just don't own it yet. Touch spot and I'm sorry.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    368   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Firearm picked up and got to catch up with the FFL. Very glad he is better, as post #49 stated, he was in a truly bad way. Found out some of the guns for our FNRA banquet mistakenly went to his shop (he's handled them in the past), so I told him I would be glad to come in and help with the crowd he Saturday after the event.

Top Bottom