• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    368   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    This is a weird situation. I ordered a pistol on May 11th, spur of the moment purchase of a model I have been wanting when it popped up on sale. Shipped from Gunprime; I chose a local FFL I occasionally use. i did not know they had posted in early May the shop would be closed temporarily due to some owner health issues and his elderly father's decline. While on order the FFL's elderly father went into hospice then passed. Funeral was on the 14th, gun was delivered to the shop the 15th.

I am sympathetic and understand this is a chaotic and emotional time. However it has been two weeks with no communication, the shop remains closed, and no new postings on FB. Prior to hearing about the problems I had sent a text to the FFL notifying him of the incoming shipment. I feel that I should at least have heard from them by now. Thoughts?

Jont22

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Aug 24, 2019
    Morgan County
    I would have expected to hear something after two weeks, but everyone grieves differently. Perhaps the loss is more impactful than it would be to others.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Minus any communications, despite your repeated attempts, at some point I would consider the firearm to be stolen, and report it as such to the proper authorities.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I’d check with gunprime, that way you know if it’s been delivered or returned, if it’s been returned, I’d have it sent to another dealer.

If it’s at the dealers, I’d try to contact him, if you need his phone number, I have it if you don’t.

Damn shame that this is happening

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    368   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I’d check with gunprime, that way you know if it’s been delivered or returned, if it’s been returned, I’d have it sent to another dealer.

If it’s at the dealers, I’d try to contact him, if you need his phone number, I have it if you don’t.

Damn shame that this is happening
    Tracking showed delivery with time and allegedly adult signature required. I am not concerned about its whereabouts. I do have his number but want to not bother him. But yeah, super bad timing all around. I will likely email him in the next few days.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Tracking showed delivery with time and allegedly adult signature required. I am not concerned about its whereabouts. I do have his number but want to not bother him. But yeah, super bad timing all around. I will likely email him in the next few days.
    having texted him with no reply in 2 weeks, I think a phone call isnt unreasonable. If I had to do it I would be very polite and apologetic. "I am sooo sorry to bother you right now. I just wanted to make sure you have it and if you can tell me what your timeline is for me to be able to pick it up. No rush. I understand."

Communication is the key in these situations.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    368   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    having texted him with no reply in 2 weeks, I think a phone call isnt unreasonable. If I had to do it I would be very polite and apologetic. "I am sooo sorry to bother you right now. I just wanted to make sure you have it and if you can tell me what your timeline is for me to be able to pick it up. No rush. I understand."

Communication is the key in these situations.
    Very much what I was thinking.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Two weeks is very patient of you, a few more days makes you a saint!…I just checked the shop’s facebook and there hasn’t been an update in 3 weeks, and no update with a reopening date.

Good luck comrade!

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    The point of his post was as a sounding board to figure out if calling was out of line. Not just ito name and shame. I don’t even recall him naming the shop At all .
    That's correct. And I just stated what I would do. The FFL likely has received other business phone calls while his shops been closed (most don't check social media to find out if a small business is open).

The package could have been misplaced and a text can easily be overlooked.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    The OP stated the shop was closed due to the owners health issues and his elderly fathers decline.
    Well, the elderly father shuffled off this mortal coil, but the shop could remain closed due to the owners health, not necessarily the grieving process.
    He may be in no shape to read/respond to texts or phone calls, and obviously has no help to cover for him.
    It's no way to run a business, but it may be beyond his control at this point.
    If you do happen to reach him simply offer condolences for his loss, and concern for his health, followed by the fact that you have business to conduct with him and hope that he is able to reopen soon.
    Then shut up and see if he spills what plans he has.
    You aren't out of line inquiring, but the truth is this is a mess of your own making.
    Always check with an FFL before sending them a firearm.
    He could just as easily have closed down to go on a 6 week cruise.

JMTC.

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    Legally, can his family act as a FFL and deliver your item?
    With his death, the business matters may be frozen, until released.
    I know that doesn't make things better for you, but they may not have any options in the situation.

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    If a FFL can no longer conduct business - they can transfer items to another FFL in the area ...

i.e. Blythes recently went Out-of-Business but was able to transfer receivables to other FFL's

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    368   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Legally, can his family act as a FFL and deliver your item?
    With his death, the business matters may be frozen, until released.
    I know that doesn't make things better for you, but they may not have any options in the situation.
    The FFL is alive & well, just fighting some back issues. His father passed. I'll likely drive by the shop and also give him a call tomorrow. It's literally 8-10 blocks from my house.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    So, I’m friends with the shop owner’s son (on Facebook) and his son just made a post asking for prayers for his dad

Top Bottom