• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Top Shot, it was this show on the History Channel in which an Englishman bested 300 million Americans, including memebers of the United States Army, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard.:p

Top Shot — History.com TV Episodes, Schedule, & Video

He didn't beat me. He didn't beat many of the top shooters I know. He beat a few people picked on the basis of how good they would look on TV, not how well they could shoot. I hate to say it but the people on that show were no where close to being the best shooters in the US.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    He didn't beat me. He didn't beat many of the top shooters I know. He beat a few people picked on the basis of how good they would look on TV, not how well they could shoot. I hate to say it but the people on that show were no where close to being the best shooters in the US.

Yeah, uh, JJ Racaza is definitely one of the best shooters in the [STRIKE]US[/STRIKE] world. The results of many competitions don't lie.

I'll agree with you on some of the other examples.

octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    He was a good marksman, but too much drama and too little shooting in the show. Dancing with the Stars for guns.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    JJ Racaza is a good pistol shooter no doubt, but could you imagine if they had pulled some of the past winners of the The Masters or other national 3 gun match winners and stuck them in there? In that competition even an old fart like Ken Tapp would have cleaned up. Like it has been said the contestants were picked by personality more than by ability. They did not collectively represent the best shooters in the world. Not even close.

Fastmover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Stepford...aka Fishers, IN
    All gloating aside, Iain was the best when and where it counted against the competition laid out against him.
    This included marksmen of various disciplines and backgrounds. Some of which were USPSA masters/grand masters.
    This competition didn't claim to find the "best shot in the world" it was to show the entertainment value of shooting competitions.

As for the perceived animosity against an Englishman winning, does it really matter what nationality the person is? If they competed fair and square and won who cares if he's English, Italian or Aborigine.

I am glad an Englishman won though. :)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

There's a blast from the past. I used to love that game and think I still have a copy on a shelf around here somewhere.

Speaking of Brits that can shoot, read 'Sniper One' by Dan Mills. It's an excellent account of a sniper team in southern Iraq.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    This competition didn't claim to find the "best shot in the world" it was to show the entertainment value of shooting competitions.

Yes, and the competition was one Englishman vs. 300 million Americans.:D

He didn't beat me. He didn't beat many of the top shooters I know

If you refuse to enter the battle, then you lose by default.

Besides, aren't all shooters "top shooters" . . . just ask them.:D

He beat a few people picked on the basis of how good they would look on TV, not how well they could shoot

1. He beat everyone.

2. There was no shooting on the show? How did that "sniper" from the Army shoot? How did that rootin', tootin' cowboy shoot? How about that IPSC champion with the shaved head and monkey butt? How did he shoot?:@ya:

All gloating aside, Iain was the best when and where it counted against the competition laid out against him.
    This included marksmen of various disciplines and backgrounds

Right then, logic and reason is right out. This is a gloating thread!:D

:popcorn:

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Is not Sir Kirk Freeman, Esq. not the same individual who actively denies being English and/or British when accused of being either?

Something is rotten in INGO!
    Do you mean to tell me that the Lord Barrister, Her Majesty's redoubtable regent and most eminent emissary is a .... commoner?
    Blasphemy! Heresy! What rot! A vicious rumour spread by that rebellious rabble, those mutinous malcontents, those incorrigible cretins in the colonies. We must convene a Royal Court of Inquiry forthwith!

I am NOT British. Come on, I was born in Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis, rhino.
    Impossible! He's been captured by those dreadful hillbillies, one of whom is posting from his account. Come along, lads! We've no time to tarry! We must make haste with most dispatch, fly across the pond and rescue His Excellency from the clutches of those ... those ... hoosiers.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Whatever anybody else says, no matter what excuses anybody wants to make, he pulled it off at the end, when it mattered, and won. The others dropped the ball. There's no denying that.

So my hat's off to him.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    We've no time to tarry! We must make haste with most dispatch,

This is where you would say "run like the clappers".:D

Her Majesty's redoubtable regent and most eminent emissary is a .... commoner?

Yep, my family in Devon, a Royalist stronghold, fought for the Royalists and were kicked out of England, well, encouraged to leave, after the Battle of Worcester.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    This is where you would say "run like the clappers".:D
    Appreciate your sense of humour. :)

Yep, my family in Devon, a Royalist stronghold, fought for the Royalists and were kicked out of England, well, encouraged to leave, after the Battle of Worcester.
    Very well then.
    It was feared that such a shattering revelation threatened to undermine our plan to civilise this amorphous mass, teach them to at least spell and pronounce a-l-u-m-i-n-i-u-m correctly, and convince them they've been driving on the wrong side of the road all these years.

Top Bottom