Top Clinton Donor buys "The Onion", immediately starts posting propaganda.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    To me they felt less pro-Clinton than anti-Republican. The Supreme Court articles are clearly lampooning Republican stancing towards blocking Obama's nominations.

Step 10: "The Senate votes on whether they like the president or not" was clearly one of such jabs.

That's all? This is the great propaganda machine in action?

Thin. Real thin.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    That's all? This is the great propaganda machine in action?

Thin. Real thin.

Again, to you it all looks totally identical to the old Onion, but only because now they're uniformly ridiculing people you don't like, rather than being nominally equal in dishing out the ridicule.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Again, to you it all looks totally identical to the old Onion, but only because now they're uniformly ridiculing people you don't like, rather than being nominally equal in dishing out the ridicule.
    Which is why I specifically asked for examples. What I got back was indicative of the strength of the argument - two of the links were actually making fun of Democrats, not Republicans. One was making fun of Jeb, not for his political stances, but for underperforming. If that's propaganda, then I propose that this may all be overreacting just a smidge.

And if you think Democrats are unwilling to mock their own, then clearly you don't remember Carlos Danger. John Oliver stayed fat and happy off of that one for an entire summer.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Somebody mocked someone I agreed with in the past so your complaining about being mocked everyday is invalid. Got it.

And if you disagree and can't provide sufficient clickage to prove me wrong right now you have no argument. Got it.

Ideas don't count when they disagree with ME and should be mocked. :rolleyes:

This must be the internet or something...glad I don't live, drink and eat here.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Somebody mocked someone I agreed with in the past so your complaining about being mocked everyday is invalid. Got it.

And if you disagree and can't provide sufficient clickage to prove me wrong right now you have no argument. Got it.

Ideas don't count when they disagree with ME and should be mocked. :rolleyes:

This must be the internet or something...glad I don't live, drink and eat here.

That's not even close to what was originally asserted: that the Onion was now a propaganda arm of the Clinton campaign. Propaganda would be a legitimate complaint; simply not liking being mocked is not.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    That's not even close to what was originally asserted: that the Onion was now a propaganda arm of the Clinton campaign. Propaganda would be a legitimate complaint; simply not liking being mocked is not.

The problem with you is that you're too thick to see the difference.
    A good parallel analogy is Johnnie Carson vs. David Letterman.
    Johnnie slammed everyone, especially politicians, and no one was safe, Democrat, Republican, moderate, conservative, and everyone in between.
    Letterman was nearly uniform in slamming Republicans, especially conservatives, to the point of getting down in the gutter, e.g. when he made that "joke" about Alex Rodriguez having sex with the then 14-year-old Willow Palin.
    As it turns out, Johnnie was very much a liberal, but he was an equal opportunity offender on his show.
    Letterman was just a typical nasty lib.
    Given your history, bet you were a fan of Letterman, too; and you probably don't even remember the great Johnnie Carson.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Given your history, bet you were a fan of Letterman, too; and you probably don't even remember the great Johnnie Carson.
    Another rebuttal about the poster instead of the question? I wasn't a Letterman fan, and I do remember Carson, but that still doesn't somehow turn those Onion articles into propaganda.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Another rebuttal about the poster instead of the question? I wasn't a Letterman fan, and I do remember Carson, but that still doesn't somehow turn those Onion articles into propaganda.

And, of course, you would be equally non-commital had a prominent conservative bought The Onion​.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom