• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    No worries man, this will happen anytime an opinion is asked about xyz firearm. Especially the AR.

The chart you see is the old chart but it is still relevant. There was a second
    , more updated chart In the works but, companies werent cooperating with RobS.

That guy knows his stuff.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    my 9.5 lbs behemoth on left, wife's 6.5 lbs (all Colt, unloaded) lightweight on right.

Last edited:

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Not much stag love goin around..... But I love mine. No problems ever since purchased. I couldn't afford the higher end stuff, but gota love the lifetime warranty....

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    and still junk.......

i know talking about AR's will get people riled up but, on these two brands, a HIGH percentage of people can and will agree that they are one of, if not the lowest quality AR's on the market.

Gotta give Olympic props for their boycott of New York State in the wake of their gun control law. Generated alot of good will toward the company among gun owners.

Wes225

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    From what I've seen, Daniel defense, Windham, And BCM make the finest rifles on the market today.

p.s. Larue, because Costa.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    google "M4 The Chart"

it will give a break down of all the pro's and con's of each part of a rifle by brand. it was created by RobS and is very useful.

price does NOT equal quality in the AR world.

Colt is the standard with everythign being judged against it. Avoid Olympic, DPMS and other "fly by night" brands.

Daniel Defense, VLTOR, Spikes, Aero Precision, Stag, BCM among others are all top quality rifles that are much lower in cost than POF (very heavy platform), LWRC, Noveske etc. not knocking those mfg's in any way, just too expensive for what most will do with an AR.

bottom line, it's your money and your rifle. do with it what you will. also, keep in mind that in the AR world, EVERYONE has an opinion and their's is the only one that matters! hahaha

Rob (Tactical Yellow Visor) S. removed that chart quite a while back. He and I had several converstations and he modified the chart by adding some instructions for users, but the users still misused the chart. Eventually he grew tired of trying to maintain it, and clarifying its proper use, he removed the chart.

And clearly from what you wrote above in your posts, you are one who misunderstood the purpose and usefulness of the chart.

Fact is that chart was developed for ONLY ONE MODEL of the AR15, not for a general comparison or brand comparison of AR15s. It was an M4 comparison only, and only compared the M4 models to the military specifications, it was NOT a chart that discussed quality or anything else. It also penalized brands that used "better than mil-spec" parts, so a rifle that used a stainless steel barrel would be marked down because the 'mil-spec' barrels are not stainless.

Fact is that there are 4 military specified ways to 'properly' stake a gas key. Most people don't understand that, don't know all 4 ways, in fact most don't know 2 'mil spec' ways to do it, yet they are willing to blindly follow a chart down a rat hole because they don't understand how to use the chart.

I applaud Rob for what he did, its just a shame that it was misused by so many internet gun ninjas.

my 9.5 lbs behemoth on left, wife's 6.5 lbs (all Colt, unloaded) lightweight on right.
    For whatever it is worth, both of these rifles would totally "fail" the above mentioned chart.

Last edited:

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    google "M4 The Chart"

it will give a break down of all the pro's and con's of each part of a rifle by brand. it was created by RobS and is very useful.

price does NOT equal quality in the AR world.

Colt is the standard with everythign being judged against it. Avoid Olympic, DPMS and other "fly by night" brands.

Daniel Defense, VLTOR, Spikes, Aero Precision, Stag, BCM among others are all top quality rifles that are much lower in cost than POF (very heavy platform), LWRC, Noveske etc. not knocking those mfg's in any way, just too expensive for what most will do with an AR.

bottom line, it's your money and your rifle. do with it what you will. also, keep in mind that in the AR world, EVERYONE has an opinion and their's is the only one that matters! hahaha

:alright: :yesway:

1000% agree!

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    The high end stuff is great, but I love and run:

Spikes
    BCM
    AeroPrecision

After owning and running 80ish% of the known brands out there, these are what I have settled on as my favorites.

Top Bottom