• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    they are not "Illegal Aliens" that is a racist and hurtful remark. They are "undocumented Democratic voters" see don't you feel better now.

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    Judging by the numbers of folks who aren't in favor of gay "marriage" in the general population, I'd say there are still quite a few of us out here, contemporary "wisdom" aside.

And that thinking is exactly the reason the democrats control 2/3 of our federal government. Time to put the bibles down for a bit and start pressing issues that actually matter, not "issues" that offend you because a book tells you it should. Who gives a **** if two gay people want a piece of paper that says they're married? How does that affect you in the least bit? It's not like they are saying you have to go out and get married to another guy, just that they would like the opportunity to do so.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    And that thinking is exactly the reason the democrats control 2/3 of our federal government. Time to put the bibles down for a bit and start pressing issues that actually matter, not "issues" that offend you because a book tells you it should. Who gives a **** if two gay people want a piece of paper that says they're married? How does that affect you in the least bit? It's not like they are saying you have to go out and get married to another guy, just that they would like the opportunity to do so.

I agree.

Don't like gay marriage? That's fine, don't get one. Government should not govern morality, it will fail eventually (18th amendment being a prime example).

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle

Well then the people voting for them are complete morons. Think about it. Muslims are often democrat supporters and gays are democrat supporters. Anyone know what happens to gays in sharia law or muslim countries? The only bright side if conservatives lose the battles is watching the "big tent" of liberals turn on each other.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle

I agree with a bit of what you are saying, but let us not recall that they don't just want equality, but also to force people who don't agree with it to accept it. They want to force business to cater gay weddings and bake cakes because "they can". What they are really doing is agitating and if people think the time wont come they start forcing churches to at least let them do the marriage in the church ( even if clergy does not have to participate) they have not been paying attention. That is my issue with gay marriage. when 3% of the population is gay kids in school should not be taught this is normal.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    I agree.

Don't like gay marriage? That's fine, don't get one. Government should not govern morality, it will fail eventually (18th amendment being a prime example).

A friend of mine who is very libertarian once said

If you don't like abortion then don't get one
    If you don't like gay marriage don't marry someone of the same sex.
    If you don't like guns then don't buy them.

I am sure this sounds good to a good amount of us, but here is the hypocrisy of the let if we were talking to a buch of leftists.

We say "If you don't like abortion then don't get one" and all the liberals say "Right on. It is a woman's body and her choice"
    We say "If you don't like gay marriage don't marry someone of the same sex." Liberals say "equality for all"
    We say "If you don't like guns then don't buy them." All the liberals say "Well we need to have state control against guns"

sassy lassy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Elizabeth
    I agree with a bit of what you are saying, but let us not recall that they don't just want equality, but also to force people who don't agree with it to accept it. They want to force business to cater gay weddings and bake cakes because "they can". What they are really doing is agitating and if people think the time wont come they start forcing churches to at least let them do the marriage in the church ( even if clergy does not have to participate) they have not been paying attention. That is my issue with gay marriage. when 3% of the population is gay kids in school should not be taught this is normal.

Just my :twocents:. Normal is very relative. In the 1800's it was "normal" to be a slave owner. In ancient Rome, it was "normal" to throw Christians to lions. Normal is not necessarily moral.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I vote Democrat because bigger is better when it comes to government because I can't think or function without their help.:rolleyes:

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville

wow everything you said in this statement was pretty much horrible. wow.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Who cares what marriage meant a thousand years ago?

It is my understanding that men and women are pretty much exactly like they were (physically) a thousand years ago......Why do you feel the need for "change"? Did something happen biologically to change that? Did I miss something in Saint Darwin's Book? Are two men or two women now able to procreate?

If not then why all of the need for "change"??? What exactly did all of those primitive societies get wrong (regarding men and women) that you feel the need to "fix" for them?

Are we truly at that enlightened age where this generation is so much wiser than the ones who came before that we need to redefine marriage because Lady Ga Ga says we should???

Remember....Just because Hollywood and Pop Stars tell you something is so does not mean it is so....There are enough sheeple in the world as it is...Think for yourself and read a couple of anthropology and biology books along with some books on evolution....Hopefully they will explain to you what a "dead end" (evolutionary speaking that is) that same sex relationships are......

It's a wedge issue used to keep Libertarians and Republicans from hanging out together....We fight enough as it is....

IMHO ofcourse....

I didn't even mention the dreaded "HB" word...You know...That real old book that y'all think all of the opponents to gay marriage base their arguments on...There really isn't a need to bring God into a debate when evolutionary science, historical record, and anthropolgical evidence destroys the whole "gay marriage" argument on it's own....

Last edited:

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I vote democrat so I don't have to shave my legs. I joined "moms against everything" so I don't have to shave my pits either.

I'm sure that's attractive to someone…….

hairy-kim-kardashian-767152.jpg

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    +1 on that one sir...At least two of us on here care what marriage meat 1000 years ago! I do not believe we should try to legislate morality in the bedroom..but neither am I willing to keep my mouth shut as a minority seeks to "enlighten" my children...

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    It is my understanding that men and women are pretty much exactly like they were (physically) a thousand years ago......Why do you feel the need for "change"? Did something happen biologically to change that? Did I miss something in Saint Darwin's Book? Are two men or two women now able to procreate?

It is my understanding that Marriage and Procreation aren't mutually exclusive to one another and therefore your argument is nonsense.

There are enough sheeple in the world as it is...Think for yourself

LMFAO

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    +1 on that one sir...At least two of us on here care what marriage meat 1000 years ago! I do not believe we should try to legislate morality in the bedroom..but neither am I willing to keep my mouth shut as a minority seeks to "enlighten" my children...

Who in the hell is trying to enlighten my children? I can't think of the last time I had a gay couple come knock on my door and inform me that being gay was socially acceptable. I have had religious nuts try to "enlighten me" by knocking on my door... sending me **** in the mail... handing me small bibles at the mall... and even condemning me from across the street with a megaphone for watching E.T. as a child.

Top Bottom