• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I took the plunge today and ordered my Johnson Safe. A month ago I was looking at Stack-On and Winchester safes and this is the route I went which is a HUGE difference. After watching videos online of how quickly people were breaking into the lower end store safes I decided that I had to spend the money and do it right. This safe is not just for guns but for some family pictures and some other items that are not replaceable.

I had the opportunity to talk to Mr. Johnson at the 1500 and asked a ton of questions. After getting the answers I was looking for and even a few that I did not think to ask it was obvious the route for me. I ended up going with a JS-546 but added a 3/8" steel door over the 1/4" door for added protection. It took a while for me to realize that I needed to spend the money and do it right but at least I have six months to spread the sting a little. If anyone is thinking about a safe that is American made with American parts then I suggest giving him a call.

Gary72

Plinker
    Dec 17, 2012
    North Central IN
    Having had over a month to decide what items I want to move to my new Johnson safe opening and closing many times as I moved them a few at a time I really appreciate how well it is made and how much better organized, accessible and better protected my possessions will be.

I am sure you will feel the same when you receive yours. What color did you decide on?

tyme2climb

Plinker
    Dec 26, 2012
    Mt. Vernon
    Money well spent

Just received mine a week or so ago-on time, price fair, excellent construction, and Jeff is a pleasure to deal with. I would not buy any other safe.

Top Bottom