• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    We spent this past weekend driving to Portage, PA Saturday to visit Cathy's parents, then Sunday we drove to West Virginia to visit my Mom and step-Father. Yesterday, before driving back to Indy we decided to celebrate Memorial Day by hitting the range and exercising our Constitution a little bit. Invited Mom to come along, and 'bout wet my pants when she said yes. Poor Robby (my step-father) was really excited LOL. See, my Mom is very liberal (not just Democrat like Robby), and has never had much use for guns. Got all faint at the mention and all. She grew up around hunting, but subsistence hunting doesn't have much to do with 2A rights. She'd never fired a handgun.

So, we head to the range, and Mom decides she wants to shoot Robby's Rock Island Armory 1911. I was a little concerned about her popping off with a .45 for her first time, but that's what she wanted. BOOM! She goes "it does have a kick, doesn't it?" then four more booms while she grinned LOL. Damned if she didn't hit the plates time and time again. Targets were paper plates at 10 yards, and she just kept putting holes in them. She fired Robby's .45, Cathy's .45 (which was exactly the same thing, but Mom didn't want to wait for Robby to finish his turn), my Beretta 92FS, and our Ruger Bearcat. She didn't like the Bearcat. She said it was too light and small for her taste. She popped off about forty rounds between the .45s and my Beretta. She said she was tired, but still grinning on the way home. She hammered those plates, only missed a couple times, and actually had good groups on top of hitting the plates.

This was Robby's first time shooting since his stroke. He had some issues at first, but by the time we were done he was putting them on the plates. He was seeing double, which hadn't happened before, and couldn't close just his left eye. Every time he tried both eyes closed. He said he'll get a patch. He can buy it the same time he buys Mom's gun, as she's instructed him he will be doing
    biggrin.gif

The video below is Mom's second or third time at the line, and the one below it is Sean shooting Cathy's RIA 1911.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QZcO7r_ScI&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Mom Shooting Handgun For First Time[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up0FNAH8gqg&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Sean shooting Cathy's Rock Island Armory 1911 .45 ACP[/ame]http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    Glad to see your mom is open-minded. There are plenty of good liberals out there, they just have been lied to for years. My friend's wife had never fired a gun until this year and while I don't think she'll get into shooting, she sees the attraction for my buddy and I and that it isn't all about a bunch of rednecks wanting to kill brown people.

I was about Sean's age when I shot my first .45 (Colt MkIV Series 80, stainless) and thought that THAT was what a handgun should feel like. I've never really changed my opinion.

X-Ravin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    West Lafayette
    I can relate, I used to be a hardcore Liberal gun hater myself. Then in college I decided on a whim to check out the club at Purdue and I realized that guns don't kill people. Stupid people kill people. I also realized that I loved to shoot! Now I am still considered a Liberal in Indiana, but in most of the country I would be a moderate (probably even borderline conservative on the coast).

Truth is I don't understand how fellow Liberals can ride the first amendment for all its worth, but then decide they can ignore number 2, or pretend it has no application but with hunting. "shall not be infringed"!! Oh well, guess I'm just weird in the head. :dunno:

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Now you need to take her one more day, and show her how to gently pull back on the REPUBLICAN TICKET LEVER.... or she'll never be able to own/shoot a gun for fun again! (might already be too late, BHO)

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    We spent this past weekend driving to Portage, PA Saturday to visit Cathy's parents, then Sunday we drove to West Virginia to visit my Mom and step-Father. Yesterday, before driving back to Indy we decided to celebrate Memorial Day by hitting the range and exercising our Constitution a little bit. Invited Mom to come along, and 'bout wet my pants when she said yes. Poor Robby (my step-father) was really excited LOL. See, my Mom is very liberal (not just Democrat like Robby), and has never had much use for guns. Got all faint at the mention and all. She grew up around hunting, but subsistence hunting doesn't have much to do with 2A rights. She'd never fired a handgun.

I know you're just rep-whoring, but I'll give you one for taking a lib to the range.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I know you're just rep-whoring, but I'll give you one for taking a lib to the range.

I just like telling a good story, and sharing our fun with folks.

Of course, I don't mind if people like the stories enough to rep 'em :D

techno.m3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I can relate, I used to be a hardcore Liberal gun hater myself. Then in college I decided on a whim to check out the club at Purdue and I realized that guns don't kill people. Stupid people kill people. I also realized that I loved to shoot! Now I am still considered a Liberal in Indiana, but in most of the country I would be a moderate (probably even borderline conservative on the coast).

Truth is I don't understand how fellow Liberals can ride the first amendment for all its worth, but then decide they can ignore number 2, or pretend it has no application but with hunting. "shall not be infringed"!! Oh well, guess I'm just weird in the head. :dunno:
    might have to check out the purdue club.... if i have time:noway:

starting my sophomore year in the fall

Top Bottom