• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Went to Atterbury. His first time at a formal range, second time shooting. He went through almost two boxes of .22 Thunderbolt and I went through the other half box. :) He even got to hold and shoot daddy's pistol (With my hands over his of course.).

He loved the .22. Couldn't get enough of it. It's a bit big for him though. I'm going to have to either find a Savage Stevens M62 youth stock, or just buy a crickett. :dunno: He did have an issue with where to hold it. Being left handed, he got bit when he put his right thumb up too high and the bolt handle came back and grabbed him. :): He likes it though. :D

Now, the pistol, it made a BIG bang. He liked it until he pulled the trigger his first and only time. :): He's only 4. ;) It went bang and he was like "No, daddy, I don't like your gun. I wanna shoot the BIG gun!" :laugh:

Spent about an hour and a half. Was going to let him shoot the SKS, but his tummy ache he had that morning came back so I just shot it and he watched.

He did REALLY good at the range and I only had to stop him from crossing the yellow line once. (Cold Range)

Met Wyatt who was at the Second Amendment March with us. All in all, it was a really good day even with the sprinkle coming down. :)

I know, I know, pics or it didn't happen. Well here ya go! :D

AtTheRangeWithCade008.jpg

AtTheRangeWithCade007.jpg

AtTheRangeWithCade006.jpg

AtTheRangeWithCade005.jpg

AtTheRangeWithCade004.jpg

AtTheRangeWithCade003.jpg

AtTheRangeWithCade002.jpg

AtTheRangeWithCade001.jpg

AtTheRangeWithCade009.jpg

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 23, 2010
    Converse Indiana
    Nice :rockwoot: Good to see ya startin him off young. My son will be 5 here soon and has been shooting for a while now. I started him off with a Ruger Charger on a bipod and now he has a carbon fiber crickett. Keep him shootin and he will become a fine young marksman.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Either Blazer is HIGHLY inaccurate, or I REALLY need to get back out to the range... :scratch: top target was with my pistol

AtTheRangeWithCade006.jpg

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Awesome! Take your kid is like, Take your kid fishing or hunting. Get them outside away from the TV, video games, cell phones, etc... ane let them enjoy the outdoors.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Glad y'all had a great time today! I can't wait until I can take my niece and nephew (7 & 5) shooting, but my parents say I have to wait until their father does the first intro to shooting with them (...even though I would probably be better for that instructional session anyway, since he doesn't really know guns all that well). Anyway, sorry for the side track there... congrats again on the safe day of shooting with the young'n!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Awesome! Take your kid is like, Take your kid fishing or hunting. Get them outside away from the TV, video games, cell phones, etc... ane let them enjoy the outdoors.

EXACTLY! They learn more out there than in here. Unless they get on INGO that is. :):

Oh, btw, the wife told me when they were born they weren't TOUCHING a gun while they lived at home. 2 years later, she said fine, when they turn 10. Then I just said the other day... Hey, I'm taking Kincaide shooting. She was like, ok, be careful! :rockwoot:

I grew up shooting, camping, fishing, crawldad-hole fishing, exploring, in Boy Scouts, doing things with my dad. That's what I remember growing up. The best times of my life. I hope I can be the father to my kids that my father was to me. I've got big shoes to fill, that's for sure.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    On a side note, all the MRAPS and Humvees sitting out along the road... my son about peed himself going DADDY! DADDY! DADDYDADDYDADDY!!!! LOOOOOOKYYYYYYY!!!!! :laugh: He couldn't believe how BIG they were! He wanted me to stop soooo bad so we could go see the tanks up close, but I don't think they'd just let him go see them. He was REALLY bummed.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The bummer of the day was that he had a tummy ache during all this. The whole ride home he said he felt sick. On the way down he said he felt like he was gonna puke. :dunno: I couldn't figure out if it was momma's tenderloins last night or if it was the anticipation. My money is on the tenderloins. I was in the bathroom most of last night getting rid of it! :):

Mokkie

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2010
    Good job. Wish others would do the same for kids. Teach them young. Wish more dads and moms would do the same thing. I believe kid will turn out to be better teenagers and adults if taught about guns when they are young. Good job.

Top Bottom