Took my antique Snow Trac for the "last ride" today...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    :(

On to better toys...
    Possibly a "Swamp Spryte" from the 1960's. They are amphibious. Good in snow, on land, and can cross a lake.

Two days? They driving it home? Cool toys and you do fencing! You may be the coolest guy I've never met!:cool:
    Its going up to Northern Canada. About 18 hours with good roads. Towing a trailer with a load will slow the progress. But they were expecting 18" of snow to hit on Saturday so that would make it even worse.

If you want to meet me you should come to one of the cigar nights at the 1101 Cigar Lounge in Schererville when we have INGO Open Carry events. Or, I'm there most weekday mornings.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Possibly a "Swamp Spryte" from the 1960's. They are amphibious. Good in snow, on land, and can cross a lake.

Its going up to Northern Canada. About 18 hours with good roads. Towing a trailer with a load will slow the progress. But they were expecting 18" of snow to hit on Saturday so that would make it even worse.

If you want to meet me you should come to one of the cigar nights at the 1101 Cigar Lounge in Schererville when we have INGO Open Carry events. Or, I'm there most weekday mornings.
    Might just have to do that! Would love to meet the most interesting man in NWI! "Stay thirsty my friend!"

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    This thread has some very cool photos. Having grown up in Michigan and lived in the UP for a few years, I miss riding sleds. These toyos would have been fun.

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    AWESOME pics !!!!! Thank you so much for posting Melensdad , it brings back a lot of fond memories of riding in a machine like yours while making snowmobile trails in Maine . Thank you so much .

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My former antique Snow Trac may have had a very cool history, it was featured on a British TV show, it climbed a mountain, it crossed an ocean, it was featured in magazines and was arguably among the most famous Snow Trac's known, but I have to say Daddy wants => 2008 Ohara Caliber MM02 Snow Cat | eBay

Starting bid:
    US $90,000.00

Well poop. I can get that from petty cash.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    By the way, my old one made it to Canada covered in ice and dirt.

image_zpsc964551c.jpg

Its at his new home, thawing off in its new garage.

Starting bid:
    US $90,000.00

Well poop. I can get that from petty cash.
    New units with a 6 way blade can easily top $400,000 to $500,000.

Used ones are cheaper!

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    My former antique Snow Trac may have had a very cool history, it was featured on a British TV show, it climbed a mountain, it crossed an ocean, it was featured in magazines and was arguably among the most famous Snow Trac's known, but I have to say Daddy wants => 2008 Ohara Caliber MM02 Snow Cat | eBay

WOW! That thing is waaaaay cool.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    For trivia buffs, here is a photo of Shelly Duvall in the moving THE SHINING with the Snow Trac.

tumblr_llkr6cY7fY1qi4nyc.png

Here is another image from THE SHINING, its a screen capture from the movie, the scene was 'disolving' from one scene to this one. That is Duvall on the left and Jack Nickolson on the right.

tumblr_lk9ifo1WGZ1qi4nyc.jpg

And parked in my front yard (quite a few years ago):
    4597d1150725646-snowcat-riding-information-needed-herbie-front-yard.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Trencher
    Top Bottom