Took a Democrat/Hillary supporter to the range!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Friend recently got his first gun (.380). Bought it from a guy at work. he had never shot before.
    Both he and his wife are Hillary supporters and are bummmed that Obama is in.....

Anyway, on the way to the range he was saying how he understood pistols and shotguns for home defense but no one needed military guns.

I explained to him that civilian versions only looked that way but he seemed to not understand.

We went to 2 gun stores to try and find him .380 ammo (ha!) and he was greatful for the 2 boxes I got him earlier last week.
    He had never fired a pistol before so we started with a .22. Then my P95. (we left his .380 ammo at home and the range didn't have any!)

Well 50 rounds of .22lr and 100+ rounds of 9mm later we go back to his house and he tells the wife he wants an Uzi or AK!
    I suggested a 20 gauge as a starter long gun as his wife is a smaller person.

I may have turned another one:D (to top it off the guy had good grouping!!??!!!)

Last edited:

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Keep working on him, he does not yet know the power of the dark side.:starwars:
    He's up north so I'll see where he is in a few more weeks.
    He has his co-worker he got the .380 from and their workplace "gun expert" to guide him along.

Best thing is he is way overcautious, which is good, with his gun. I told him he needs to get a few hundred down range with his before he should consider putting it into a true home defense role. He's also applying for his (Mich) CCW permit which requires training (good thing). He'll be ready for HD after that I think.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    ^^^^^He lives in michigan. But.... he does get to northern IN fo rwork once in a while. I'll see what I can do. Good suggestion

Top Bottom