• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I had a friend tell me that he was denied a firearms purchase at the Gander Mountain in Greenwood because he has "bought too many guns" recently

Let me help you with this...

I had a friend tell me he was denied a firearms purchase at Gander Mountain in Greenwood because his WIFE said he has "bought too many guns" recently...

Now it's true.:D

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    There is a thing as to many guns sometimes, I had a visit from the atf, never denied, but they did show up. I had won an auction for 26 pistols, and an AR pistol, that many handguns will get you a visit. Also they will give you a few months to sell them off, I still had all but 4 of them, and they were pretty surprised.

Why, and under what authority, could they tell you to sell them? If I choose to buy a collection all at once, that's my business, not theirs... And what did they say would happen if you did not sell them?

Dirtdart504

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Bargersville, IN
    There is a thing as to many guns sometimes, I had a visit from the atf, never denied, but they did show up. I had won an auction for 26 pistols, and an AR pistol, that many handguns will get you a visit. Also they will give you a few months to sell them off, I still had all but 4 of them, and they were pretty surprised.

Why does it make a difference if you sell them off?:dunno:

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    Too many joints...too many felonies...to many dui's...visit gander mountain today and realized why i hardly ever go there....waste of a nice facility....it was like half price day at don's guns

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    They WANT you to sell them off, so they can bust you for dealing without an FFL.
    This is what they are watching for. They watch for people to buy up a bunch of handguns, with the intension to sell them for a profit, which requires a ffl, strictly speaking. The way it was put to me was, if you buy a bunch of guns, and sell them off right away, you are looked at as running a firearms business without a license.

Cole46845

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    I've bought two or three in a week. Heck last week I got two handguns and one AR. Been delayed twice but never denied.

manygunsmike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Cedar Lake Indiana
    I bought 30 rifles in one day and 8 handguns another time from a friend who had his FFL a few years ago . I filled a whole page in his bound book and when he surrendered his FFL a year later my friend said the local ATF agent who was doing the paper work kept saying "huh.." when he was reviewing the book with my friend. Nothing ever came of it ?? Everything was legit ...!

manygunsmike

Top Bottom