• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tooms

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2016
    Johnson County
    I am in the same boat. I cannot decide between the undercover flex or the bakflip. From researching this over the past months I am inclined to go with the undercover flex myself.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I just ordered the undercover flex over the back flip because of the following reasons:
    1) The seal is wider and better
    2) When the cover is folded all the way towards the cab it is supported by the prop rods keeping it off the cab
    3) Additional bungee straps are not needed to secure the panels in the open position
    4) The thumb screws at the front make it easier to completely remove the cover.
    5) $200 cheaper than the Back Flip F1

Both tops have a three year warranty and 400 pound capacity on the panels.

I am also getting the Weather Tech floor mats for the front and rear floor boards.My end cost will be $1,000 out the door. I will follow up with results.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I have both and will never have a truck without them again.

I agree with you about having both. This new truck came from the factory with the spray on bed liner. The spray job is the best I have ever seen.

The company that I work for developed the Rino Liner that we sold off. The biggest job that we did was the Boston Tunnel.

We had several contractors that did man hole tunnel coatings to repair deteriorating tunnels.

Pretty cool stuff.

LGDawg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    Indy
    I just have a vinyl roll up, I think it is a Truxedo. I wish I would have spent the money and bought a Bakflip Revolver X2. It is a roll up with aluminum slats under the vinyl. So you get the security of a flip top, but when rolled up you can still see out the back window. I think Truxedo makes one too, but Bakflip has the Bakbox you can add on. It would be nice to have a truck box when you need it, and fold it out of the way when you don't. Of course reason I didn't get it from the start is cover is $900 and box is another $300.

Angry Pirate

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2011
    I've had a Bakflip hard tri fold for about 5 years without problems, it's easy to remove and keeps the water out latches on the inside so with a tailgate lock it would be very secure.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Just so I'm clear on this, you can actually stand on these without damage?

Thats a good question. I'm 270 and I'm not going to try it just in case of a little bendy bendy to the panel.

I did get the Undercover Flex put on on Thursday. They did a good job with the install.
    There is a nice seal at the front of the cover that bridges the gap between the first panel and the bed.

They added some flexible sealant at the front corners of the rail. The truck has already went through a rain and no leaks.

We went to dinner with another couple and the ladies sat in the back. They were complaining about having a hard time getting in the truck. The next day when it was daylight I looked and it is a four inch height higher step to get in the back seats.

I decided to add a five inch wide set of Westin running boards for the people getting in and out of the back seat.

The Weather Tech floor mats are well worth the money. I did the one piece for front and rear. They are form fitting over the hump and snap right into the same place as the factory mats. Pop the snaps off the tabs and wash them off and then reinstall.

For anybody looking for a hard folding cover I recommend the Undercover Flex.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I purchased mine local in Elkhart they did the install for free. I have been very happy with it. The only issue I have had was the seal freezing to the top of the bed rail and tailgate when it's really cold after a snow melt or rain.

No no leaks at all from the cover. I do get a little bit of snow blow in from the bottom of the tailgate.

Top Bottom