DPRNY
    300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Movealongmovealong

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Bloomington
    I'm pretty sure smoking weed once doesn't quality a person as a pot head.

Now if he stopped bathing, smoked constantly, ate tons junk food, let his teeth start to rot out, and played video games all day, then I could reasonably call him a pot head.

You could add sporting any kind of dreadlocks to that list as well. That would be an interesting look for him, too.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    I can. Supporters of the war on some drugs are rife in places like INGO. They're always willing to go to the extreme argument, rather than reality.

Yeah, I guess. But the two are so far removed from one another it's like comparing a sunday drive with the top down to skydiving with no parachute. They aren't even remotely similar activities.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Very true. I just can't believe someone would equate smoking marijuana to doing heroin.
    Oh no, they certainly aren't equal it's just a comment on the progression of it. Heard the argument for pot made many times by using the fact alcohol is legal as the argument. Personally, I think alcohol is more damaging to society than marijuana would be. Once marijuana achieves full legalization there will be people wanting to deregulate drugs that do cause many problems. Some people already are calling for full legalization of pretty much everything.

Kind of an similar to how one small item of gun control can be used as the stepping stone for larger and far more damaging legislation.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Oh no, they certainly aren't equal it's just a comment on the progression of it. Heard the argument for pot made many times by using the fact alcohol is legal as the argument. Personally, I think alcohol is more damaging to society than marijuana would be. Once marijuana achieves full legalization there will be people wanting to deregulate drugs that do cause many problems. Some people already are calling for full legalization of pretty much everything.

Kind of an similar to how one small item of gun control can be used as the stepping stone for larger and far more damaging legislation.

Drugs cause problems just like guns cause problems...

People arguing banning drugs commit the exact same fallacy of people arguing to ban guns.

Heroin is really super evil so we should ban it. No different than Ar-15's are really super evil so we should ban them.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Drugs cause problems just like guns cause problems...

People arguing banning drugs commit the exact same fallacy of people arguing to ban guns.

Heroin is really super evil so we should ban it. No different than Ar-15's are really super evil so we should ban them.
    Using an AR-15 doesn't bring a change of mental state. The whole appeal of drug use is the change they bring in your mental state. If they didn't do anything nobody would use them. Some drugs such as marijuana just bring a calming. I've never heard of marijuana causing violence. Same thing can't be said for amphetamines and other stimulants. The people it affects so negatively aren't right to begin with, but the drugs destroy what little self-control and reasoning they may have. Self control being the main thing. I'd bet there are users of meth, cocaine, and the like who function just fine. Many abuse it and don't. You really can't know what it will do to you before you've used it.

So, usage of hard drugs has never caused or exacerbated a problem? No violence from usage of PCP, cocaine, and even the lowly bath salts?

Marijuana may not cause problems, but deregulating everything. Really think that will be just peachy?

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Using an AR-15 doesn't bring a change of mental state. The whole appeal of drug use is the change they bring in your mental state. If they didn't do anything nobody would use them. Some drugs such as marijuana just bring a calming. I've never heard of marijuana causing violence. Same thing can't be said for amphetamines and other stimulants. The people it affects so negatively aren't right to begin with, but the drugs destroy what little self-control and reasoning they may have. Self control being the main thing. I'd bet there are users of meth, cocaine, and the like who function just fine. Many abuse it and don't. You really can't know what it will do to you before you've used it.

So, usage of hard drugs has never caused or exacerbated a problem? No violence from usage of PCP, cocaine, and even the lowly bath salts?

Marijuana may not cause problems, but deregulating everything. Really think that will be just peachy?

How will it be any different? People who do drugs are doing them regardless.

Banning drugs doesnt solve the problem of crime. There are currently drug addicts who commit crime. How has banning drugs helped?

You seem to be implying that legalizing drugs would have all sorts of terrible consequences. Please list them and provide evidence.

We know the consequences of banning them. The biggest most heinous consequence being a perversion of justice.

Usage of an Ar-15 has never caused great violence???

Last edited:
    Top Bottom