• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    There was a letter in my mail box today, saying I had to remove my American Flag from my patio. I have flown it for a couple of years now. Needless to say, I will not take it down. I have a lot of people willing to stand in front of the office holding flags. I'll contact every Veterans orginization in town. Some people ask me what the big deal is about it. I'm a Veteran, the American Flag means a lot to me.

:patriot:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Just quote Denzel Washington from "American Gangster" to the nosy homeowner's association: "Or would you rather your house blows up next time?" If you are renting an apartment, man, that's a tough spot. :(

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    A new company bought the apartments I live in. The VP supposedly did a walk around and made a list of things that where to be removed. Of course none of renters have seen said list. Nor is it anywhere in my signed contract. One of the items was no Flags.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    If you rent, not sure man. Wouldn't look for just a "flag" clause, but something regarding them being able to change conditions of continued rental, not including directly, race, creed, color, etc...

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Never quite understood why anyone would pay to have someone or a group to tell them what they can and cant do on their own property. :dunno:

No offense, but you got exactly what you asked for when you made the first membership payment and signed on the dotted line.

I am a Veteran too...It is disgusting that anyone would ask anyone else to remove their flag.

My Homeowners' Association comprise of 2 German Shepherds that are always hungry, Glock 30, CZ75, AR15, SKS, AK47, Marlin LA 30-30 and one not very understanding guy behind the guns.

This is why I live out in the country. :rockwoot:

Good Luck to you sir! (get the news involved) ;)

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    A new company bought the apartments I live in. The VP supposedly did a walk around and made a list of things that where to be removed. Of course none of renters have seen said list. Nor is it anywhere in my signed contract. One of the items was no Flags.

I would assume this is a condition they would have to place in the lease, and if it's not in your current lease...

Unless they're arguing the flag is somehow a public safety issue?

A letter to the paper, perhaps, naming the new owners? Be sure to state that 'they didn't build it' to get the Obamanists on your side.;)

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Never quite understood why anyone would pay to have someone or a group to tell them what they can and cant do on their own property. :dunno:

No offense, but you got exactly what you asked for when you made the first membership payment and signed on the dotted line.

I am a Veteran too...It is disgusting that anyone would ask anyone else to remove their flag.

My Homeowners' Association comprise of 2 German Shepherds that are always hungry, Glock 30, CZ75, AR15, SKS, AK47, Marlin LA 30-30 and one not very understanding guy behind the guns.

This is why I live out in the country. :rockwoot:

Good Luck to you sir! (get the news involved) ;)
    Pssssstttt....

You can step off your soapbox. He does not live in an HOA, he rents... :):

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    :xmad: I suppose their argument will be that if you can have an American flag then other people can fly flags that could be offensive to others. Common sense is no longer part of our society.

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    Living in an apartment changes this up, unfortunately. I just signed a lease where I can't even hang potted plants from my awning, from hooks that are ALREADY there. I have to use shepherds hooks. I have a small wooden fence and yet can't hang flower boxes over it. I can plant flowers in my tiny patch of dirt BUT they can't be perennials. And yes, no flags of any kind. The reasons I got for this were all liability mumbo jumbo.

I doubt causing a stink will do much, unfortunately. You may just have to take it down a notch and hang a flag on your door, window etc. Any way that it's not "sticking out" basically so that the poor lawnmower people aren't forced to exercise a shred of caution not to run over or into your stuff.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Living in an apartment changes this up, unfortunately. I just signed a lease where I can't even hang potted plants from my awning, from hooks that are ALREADY there. I have to use shepherds hooks. I have a small wooden fence and yet can't hang flower boxes over it. I can plant flowers in my tiny patch of dirt BUT they can't be perennials. And yes, no flags of any kind. The reasons I got for this were all liability mumbo jumbo.

I doubt causing a stink will do much, unfortunately. You may just have to take it down a notch and hang a flag on your door, window etc. Any way that it's not "sticking out" basically so that the poor lawnmower people aren't forced to exercise a shred of caution not to run over or into your stuff.
    It could be worse, the EPA could be your landlord. You think you've seen rules??

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    If it's not in the contract signed by me, then it holds no weight in my eyes. I emailed Fox 59, Channel 8 news, and my local paper. Take away one flag, and eventually they'll be gone.

Top Bottom