• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChrisBarnes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Greenfield/Cumberland area
    I know a lot has been said on this topic but I have to add my 2 cents into the ring. I know what the OP is saying. I understand it very well having lived in Ft. Wayne for 18 years. It is the second largest town in Indiana and the LEO's still act like it is Mayberry. It drives me insane that it should change its name to Mayberry. Thank you to the OP for standing up for your rights and informing Andy and Barney what the laws are TODAY!!!

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If the FWPD thought they were patrolling Mayberry, then wouldn't they only have one bullet for their guns, which they carried in their pocket? If they thought they were patrolling Mayberry, wouldn't they go around on the assumption that everyone, even and especially the open carriers were solid, upstanding, good citizens and then proceed to leave them all the Hell alone until something actually happened, instead of proactively seeking out innocent people to threaten and intimidate?

@ Dirtebiker:
    What a coincidence. I call myself "socially retarded". And I'll note that being borderline Asperger's Syndrome doesn't prevent me from making typoes. It just means when I detect them and can't go back to correct them meaningfully, I just get a little stressed out.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I'm just the opposite. I have a limited vocabulary, and I try not to waste any more words than needed to get my point across. My kids say I'm "socially challenged"!:dunno:

Just tell them your "laconic." It will drive them to the dictionary (print or online does not matter), and then to the history books to discover the origin of the term. They were the ones who created "Molon Labe." Great learning pop for the kids.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I want my dream home to be sited well, not sitted well. The past tense of posit (+ed), demands a doubled final consonant to avoid the same pronunciation problem. And yes, when not suttering, I do speak this way. I have an expansive vocabulary and I'm not afraid to use it.

As well as being incredibly humble and possessing the gift for understatement. :D

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    The "inconveniences" were my wife and child watching me be arrested and trying to explain to my employees why I was in jail. Do you know how an arrest looks on your record? I made a simple choice to not be arrested and approach things from a different angle.

Just a word of understanding on your situation. Some careers can not absorb any kind of arrest without serious damage. Any arrest would end my career and radically alter my income, life, marriage, everything. A voluntary arrest would be an absolute last resort for folks in this position. That is not giving in, its a matter of out-witting your opponent. There are different angles, and they are also very effective.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I specifically recall a memorandum issued to all FWPD officers several years ago from the Assistant Chief (now retired), clarifying that Indiana is indeed an open carry state, and reminding all personnel that persons openly carrying firearms with an LTCH were not in violation of any statutes. I'll contact the Academy and see if I can't get this inserted into the curriculum for our next in-service training block. Indiana's actually been open-carry since before I got into policing back in the mid-80s, and failures such as this always drive me crazy.

If I were a Fort Wayne resident I would like to have a copy of that one to keep for Officer Numbnuts.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Just a word of understanding on your situation. Some careers can not absorb any kind of arrest without serious damage. Any arrest would end my career and radically alter my income, life, marriage, everything. A voluntary arrest would be an absolute last resort for folks in this position. That is not giving in, its a matter of out-witting your opponent. There are different angles, and they are also very effective.
    YES, this is VERY true, and I had not thought about that .....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I'm in a similar situation. Being arrested could be a very bad thing for current employment. One of the reasons I carry concealed.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    What is this? Soviet Russia or Nazi Germany???

Since when are we afraid of a COMPLETELY legal activity for fear of unlawful arrest and subsequent termination?

What jobs do you guys have that would terminate you for being unlawfully arrested?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What is this? Soviet Russia or Nazi Germany???

Since when are we afraid of a COMPLETELY legal activity for fear of unlawful arrest and subsequent termination?

What jobs do you guys have that would terminate you for being unlawfully arrested?

I'll just say my employer needs squeaky clean employees.

If I were arrested and released right away, it'd probably not impact my employment. But if I were booked for some trumped up charge, and especially spent some time encarcerated, that would be bad.

But that's not the only reason I prefer CC.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I'll just say my employer needs squeaky clean employees.

If I were arrested and released right away, it'd probably not impact my employment. But if I were booked for some trumped up charge, and especially spent some time encarcerated, that would be bad.

But that's not the only reason I prefer CC.

That sucks man. You have my sympathy. And if you ever get the urge to OC and not be arrested, hit me up. For all my encounters with the law, I've yet to be arrested :D

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That sucks man. You have my sympathy. And if you ever get the urge to OC and not be arrested, hit me up. For all my encounters with the law, I've yet to be arrested :D

Eh, it doesn't suck for me. I love my job. About the only thing I don't like about it is that I can't CC in the building, but we're working on that with the communist HR VP.

Point is, I chose this employer and this job. The requirements suit my lifestyle. It's not like I have to go out of my way to avoid being arrested. If I were a big OC advocate I'd probably think differently.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012

No, but you've certainly had more than your share of wasted time and inconveniences.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    No, but you've certainly had more than your share of wasted time and inconveniences.

True, but it is something I have become accustom to. I have always been accused of "pushing the envelope" by doing perfectly normal things that nobody else seems to have done before.

I guess my brain just works a little differently. :D

Top Bottom