To the person that shot themselves at the 1500..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45acp223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    SE IN.
    Just saw it on the local news. Not just Indy, but one in Ohio and one in NC. Unbelieveable to say the least!

Man, the heli news crew video'd the outside of the buildings at Indy, did you how long that the friggin' line was? You would have thought that they were giving guns away. The news also said, guns sales are at their highest point ever.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    You all might be surprised how many people point their handguns at their other hand throughout parts of loading and holstering. Young, old, experienced, "grew up with guns," etc, no one is exempt.

How many years would you guess that the fellow that shot his hand today has "gotten away with" pointing his gun at his hand? How many of you are prepared for your gun to go off anytime you drop the slide?

I'm in my 50's. I had my first slam fire ever today when loading. It was disappointing, ending my shooting for the day. However, the round went where it supposed to go. Provisions were made for this to happen, even though it is very rare that it does.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Not the shows fault....could of been a slam fire, no finger on the trigger...but he still failed by letting the gun be pointed at himself. I bet after racking the slide, he was easying the hammer down one handed and it got away from him and was pointed at his other hand. But no matter what, a total fail on his part because he was ignorant of where the gun was pointed in case it did go off......wonder what will happen Sunday...?

This was my first thought when I read "semi automatic 45 caliber handgun". Watched a guy do it outside the show Friday night with his 1911 while the muzzle was pointed at my ankles, and my butt hole puckered up. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO CARRY YOUR 1911 WITH THE HAMMER BACK / SAFETY ON WHILE CHAMBERED, DONT CARRY A 1911. At the very least, only lower the ****ing hammer with your thumb if the firearm is unchambered.

I've long wondered why the show insist to unload at the door, without a clearing barrel. One would think their insurance would mandate it.

That said, their is absolutely no excuse for an injury to occur with an ND. That injury was 100% fault of the operator :facepalm:

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Everyone has critiqued this from just about every direction. So my only comment would be "OUCH that hurt like a suma*****". If he did only lose his pinky he was lucky. I have seen what a .45 acp will do a hand when it goes through the center of the palm...there's very little left to reconstruct, and that was with ball ammo.

Glocker 400

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    If the 1500 would drop their asinine rules that force people to screw with their firearms before entering, then incidents like this would virtually never happen. They force people to coonfinger their guns and things like this happen.

I have to disagree with this. I think you are implying that loaded guns should be allowed in the 1500. Letting the same idiots who can't unload or load their weapons without blowing a hole in their hand bring the same gun into the show is just asking for tragedy. Do you really think that they will obey a "leave it in your holster" rule when they can't even bother with the standard safety rules that every gun owner should know?

The "no loaded guns" rule is simply a realization of the reality that any large group of people is going to have idiots. This is one of the many reasons that I avoid the 1500. There is more "sweeping" going on at the 1500 than at a broom testing factory. Gagging on body odor ain't exactly my thing, either.

fordtechone

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    I agree, firearms are inanimate objects until someone loads and actuates them, who is to blame the gun or the operator!

Shudder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Dec 25, 2012
    Having not gone to many gun shows, I was shocked when I heard a gun went off at the show I went to in Lebanon a couple weeks ago. Apparently this happens more than I thought. Pretty scary actually.

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    I wonder if we can find what total attendance is / was when its done
    1 misshap is bad, but with this number of people the odds do go up

Top Bottom