• Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Just don't read the comments.

Ugh... too late, and I know better.

The number of commenters who are more afraid of being caught in some kind of hypothetical crossfire vs. defending themselves mystifies me. I don't understand why so many are so willing to be a victim. Do sheep really hate sheepdogs??

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Ugh... too late, and I know better.

The number of commenters who are more afraid of being caught in some kind of hypothetical crossfire vs. defending themselves mystifies me. I don't understand why so many are so willing to be a victim. Do sheep really hate sheepdogs??

I've never understood this mindset either, especially in the context of an active shooter.

Is there a chance shooting back might result in hits to an innocent bystander? Yes, but doing nothing guarantees the shooter will continue to kill innocent people.

It's the old mental dilemma, would you sacrifice one life to save five others? There are many people who are unable to come to grips with that decision.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    At the time I looked at the article, there were 357 comments. That alone made me smile...then I started reading the comments. Instead of boiling my blood, they instead made me laugh aloud several times. The obvious antigunners kept true to the loony vitriol they are stereotyped with, and this made me laugh again as I realized that this one stereotype at least is there for good reason. Even while arguing against being part of their own stereotype, they prove it to be absolutely true. Glorious irony!!!

Good read for the article, and the comments were chock full of stuff so classically idiotic I couldn't help but be amused.

I almost felt bad for having a passing thought, thinking that in the same situation--if there was an actual active shooter scenario--would it be all that wrong to use the vitriol-spewing antigunner as a human bullet-sponge while dealing with the shooter by taking careful aim??? Almost.

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    I made the mistake of reading the comments. I can't believe people.... can be that impossibly stupid. I'm so thankful I live nowhere near places that have a preponderance of morons like that. I know there are people that don't like guns in every corner of the country but it's just not on display with such ignorant self-righteousness here. Such irrational fear. It's pathetic and sad and irritating all at the same time. I'm not sure I want to live in the same country that spawns people like them, but there's nowhere left to run. I certainly don't want to call them "Americans". I don't like that word to be used to describe trembling cowards.

I need to go take a shower now. If you haven't read the comments yet, don't. Save yourself.

Chris

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    As much as I'd like to toss out a glib: Hater's go'n to hate, it's much deeper than that with libs. They live in a world of us vs. them. Today, it's gun owners that they choose to hate. They can turn that hate towards anything that they see as 'them'. My opinion is that they believe in a utopian world that will never exist. Every day, they are confronted with reality and it just spools up that big bag of emotions. They want a world without responsibility, so when they see violence reported, they blame the tool instead of the person. The person carrying that tool is 'them' and they rail against them. If guns magically disappeared, they'd find a new 'them' to fight.

Show me a liberal, and I'll show you a person that suffers from a debilitating lack of emotional maturity.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    A nice, short read: https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion...er-you-hate/aSTz3mB9lYC0n3xyObLd5L/story.html

It's consistent with the "live and let live" philosophy. Too bad so many anti's don't feel that way.

Surprised The Globe ran this.....

Great read! Thanks for the post.

NO! Don't give them traffic ......j/k

I was surprised as well, which is why I looked it up before posting that letter:

Yes, you’re allowed to bring licensed firearms on the commuter rail

Good to know!

Just don't read the comments.

What the heck happened to Massachusetts?

You would be appalled to see what Lexington is trying to pass in March. B
    BUT Hey we are actually better off than several of the northeast states now. Sad as that may be. I mean we can carry on commuter rail......

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    The tolerant left...

reading the comments demonstrates why liberals do not trust anyone with firearms. It's because they have some serious anger issues and do not trust themselves with firearms.

Top Bottom