• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cain71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Columbus
    Around here we get jackA$$'$ that like to take their bagged trash and throw it out around farm lanes,suggestion,when you do this don't leave anything with your address on it in the trash...it will end up spread all over your yard again,thanks

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The older (and crabbier) I get the more littering (and not using turn signals and not stopping at stop signs) drives me around the bend. I'm not sure why, but I think it's something so easily not done that it can't be excused.

Speeding? Bah, it happens and as long as people are not complete morons I could care less, but not signalling makes me nuts. Go figure. I think I just hate the self-centeredness of not signalling. This road is for ME and the universe revolves around ME.

I was downtown Indy last week for work and while walking down the sidewalk stopped to pick up a coffee cup. A woman asked me why I was doing that because I was "with the Mayor's office".

I said no, I just didn't want the place to turn into Detroit.:D

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    Anyone ever have the driver of a car in front of them flip a still lit cigarette out the window and it bounces off the hood of your car? Talk about pissing someone off... :xmad:

Lots of dumb people out there...

Actually, YES!... Had a guy in front of me on 31 throw his cigarette out the window. It splattered right on my windshield. Luckily the light turned red so I had a chance to ask him about it. I switched lanes and pulled up beside him and POLITELY asked him if he "had a F***ING ashtray in car" He looked at me in disbelief and sped off...ignoring the still red light. :nuts:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Oh, no. I'll do you one better. How about getting hit by one while you are on the motorcycle, it going in your jacket and setting your shirt on fire? If I hadn't had to stop to put the fire out, I would probably in be jail for manslaughter right now :xmad::xmad::xmad: I see it at night all of the time and I flick my lights at them when I see it.

I volunteer to manage a small private nature preserve for a nationwide non-profit and we get thousands of visitors a year. We prosecute folks we catch littering or leaving graffiti. I am heartily sick and tired of cleaning up other people's trash and vandalism, and there's been more than one person who has had the fear of god put into them because of it. We send the ones we catch to the prosecutor and in addition give them the choice of civil litigation or spending an afternoon cleaning up other folks garbage and graffiti.

I have had a couple bounce off my helmet back when I rode. grrrrr

hunter_47443

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Greene Co.
    Around here we get jackA$$'$ that like to take their bagged trash and throw it out around farm lanes,suggestion,when you do this don't leave anything with your address on it in the trash...it will end up spread all over your yard again,thanks

My :twocents:. I'm waiting on the day to find a name & address!!
    I live in the country & have people throwing trash out on the roadside ALL the time. Some of it ends up in my hayfields. Pizza boxes,beer cans, bottles, food wrappers, condoms, feminine hygiene stuff, etc. Wear rubber gloves just to be safe.
    I usually clean it up during the week & a day later....TRASHED AGAIN!!! Weekends are the worst.
    They better hope I never see them do it or:ar15:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    My :twocents:. I'm waiting on the day to find a name & address!!

I have returned people's garbage, with interest, on more than one occasion. On another occasion they had canceled checks, credit card receipts, mail, etc as well. I wonder if they were surprised at the things that they ordered to be sent to their house?;) What makes it more egregious was the fact that they lived equidistant between me and the county transfer station which at the time was open 24 hours a day.

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I have returned people's garbage, with interest, on more than one occasion. On another occasion they had canceled checks, credit card receipts, mail, etc as well. I wonder if they were surprised at the things that they ordered to be sent to their house?;) What makes it more egregious was the fact that they lived equidistant between me and the county transfer station which at the time was open 24 hours a day.

Other than shilbumiseeker (who returns people's trash) and Frank (who writes them tickets) after you say something to these people and they ignore you and speed off, do you go back and pick up their trash or wait for the next guy to do it? Just wondering because I for one am not going to stop, turn around, and go pick up someone elses trash.:dunno: Now if the trash is on my property its a different story. I'm sorry but one person picking up someone else's trash is not going to change a thing.. therefore we need another INGO trash pickup day.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Other than shilbumiseeker (who returns people's trash) and Frank (who writes them tickets) after you say something to these people and they ignore you and speed off, do you go back and pick up their trash or wait for the next guy to do it? Just wondering because I for one am not going to stop, turn around, and go pick up someone elses trash.:dunno: Now if the trash is on my property its a different story. I'm sorry but one person picking up someone else's trash is not going to change a thing.. therefore we need another INGO trash pickup day.

I pick up other people's trash on my property, the properties I help manage, and out in nature. Out in public I refuse. If society wants to live in a garbage pit that's all the more reason I don't live in those places.

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I pick up other people's trash on my property, the properties I help manage, and out in nature. Out in public I refuse. If society wants to live in a garbage pit that's all the more reason I don't live in those places.

I guess I should add I'll also pick up someones trash out in nature especially when I'm fishing. I hate more than anything when I real in someone elses fishing line they decided to throw overboard.

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    I guess I should add I'll also pick up someones trash out in nature especially when I'm fishing. I hate more than anything when I real in someone elses fishing line they decided to throw overboard.
    in their defense, if your fishing like three people in a canoe, it gets pretty tipsy and stuff you never intended to get rid of like that 20 dollar lure you just bought, goes overboard. :D

Top Bottom