• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    I always hate it when I see a sign that says "Put litter in its place". Litter is trash thrown on the ground, so putting litter in its place would be exactly that, putting it on the ground.

On a slightly related note, I always wanted to get a big, H1 Hummer, put Environmental plates on it, cover the bumpers with Green Peace and Sierra Club stickers, and then show up at an Earth Day rally. The irony would be good for a laugh.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    On a slightly related note, I always wanted to get a big, H1 Hummer, put Environmental plates on it, cover the bumpers with Green Peace and Sierra Club stickers, and then show up at an Earth Day rally. The irony would be good for a laugh.

I mean I'm rocking an AWD V8, but I don't have the Environmental tags on it. Got a DU sticker.

Littering just pisses me off and I have found it's a cultural thing. You are taught to (not) litter.

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    i do see some irony in the fact that he was driving a pick up truck too.

also i hate littering. its like youll be home in ten mins. throw it away then. dont make me pick it up out of my front yard!

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    not to thread jack too much, but this reminds me of a quick story.
    Our neighbors across the street were having a yard sale. Some guy pulls up in his car gets looks around etc. then gets back in his car and before taking off throws some trash paper out of his car. Now he was still sitting in his car for a moment before taking off so I took the opportunity to run over, pick up the trash, and hand it back to him. I said, " Hey bud, noticed you dropped this." All he mumble was some, "Uhh ya. Thanks." as he drove off.
    Don't come into my neighborhood and trash it, we have enough of our own neighborhood kids doing that.

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    Our neighbors across the street were having a yard sale. Some guy pulls up in his car gets looks around etc. then gets back in his car and before taking off throws some trash paper out of his car. Now he was still sitting in his car for a moment before taking off so I took the opportunity to run over, pick up the trash, and hand it back to him. I said, " Hey bud, noticed you dropped this." All he mumble was some, "Uhh ya. Thanks." as he drove off.
    Don't come into my neighborhood and trash it, we have enough of our own neighborhood kids doing that.
    lolz, thats good. had i had the guts, i would have done the same thing to him. who does that so blatently? do they think that stuff is gonna go?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

I'll add my own somewhat related threadjack. Last year during Circle City Classic, I was working downtown to contain the normal "festivities." My partner and I were standing outside Ike & Jonesy's (or however you spell it). There was a 40-something year old guy standing about 5 feet from us. As I'm standing there he pops a mint out of its wrapper and then throws the wrapper on the ground, right in front of 2 uniformed cops. Did I mention he was looking right at us when he did it? I told him he dropped something and he replied with "so?". I told him nicely that if he didn't pick it up he could be cited for littering. Another "so?" response. Long story short, he got the $45 city ordinance ticket for a mint he got for free from the bar.

Littering is one of my pet peeves. If I'm on-duty and I see you do it, we're going to have a talk if I have the time. If I'm off-duty I'll still say something to you.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Littering just pisses me off and I have found it's a cultural thing. You are taught to (not) litter.

Littering shows disrespect for the people around you. You care so little for everyone else that you expect them to pick up after you.

I can't seem to find a nature trail where there aren't cigarette butts every five feet.

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    I'll add my own somewhat related threadjack. Last year during Circle City Classic, I was working downtown to contain the normal "festivities." My partner and I were standing outside Ike & Jonesy's (or however you spell it). There was a 40-something year old guy standing about 5 feet from us. As I'm standing there he pops a mint out of its wrapper and then throws the wrapper on the ground, right in front of 2 uniformed cops. Did I mention he was looking right at us when he did it? I told him he dropped something and he replied with "so?". I told him nicely that if he didn't pick it up he could be cited for littering. Another "so?" response. Long story short, he got the $45 city ordinance ticket for a mint he got for free from the bar.

Littering is one of my pet peeves. If I'm on-duty and I see you do it, we're going to have a talk if I have the time. If I'm off-duty I'll still say something to you.

See this is what I like to hear. I always wondered if that ordinance was enforced.
    My biggest pet peave about litters are the cigerette butts. Come on people, quit flicking them on the ground!

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    i just always assume some mope doing community service will pick up the 16 oz miller lite empties i fire out of my car.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    One of MY pet peeves, too!

I see it ALL the time...always gets my dandruff up. Err...Dander.

Fortunately or unfortunately, I'm never really in a position to "do" anything about it. ESPECIALLY in today's climate. Me, I avoid confrontation as much as I can out of fear of my own safety and well being. *sigh*

But there was this one time... I used to work with a guy who was a fast-foodaholic. Burger Kingaholic, more specifically. There was one COLD winter day that we were working up on SR 10 a few miles east of Agros.

The nature of what we were doing + the weather forced me to store my stuff in the cab of his truck so it wouldn't freeze.

Anyhow, his truck was FULL of fast-food wrappers, 44oz gas station drink cups (Diet Coke, of course), candy wrappers, you name it. So, to be a nice guy I gathered as much trash as I could and put it into a few cups which I then put into a big food bag. Then set the thing in the middle of the bench seat.

When we were finished and about to head back to the office in Indy, I see him get in his truck, get a dirty look on his face, and then just drop that bag of trash in the ditch on the side of the road.

So, I calmly picked up that bag and put it into MY vehicle. Drove all the way to Indianapolis' east side to our office, and then put it on his desk.

He got TICKED at the other guy whom he thought did it... Which is when I interjected that I was the one that did it and that he was a fine example of a Boy Scout leader (his kids were heavily involved in Cub Scouts / Boy Scouts).

That was a fun day.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Anyone ever have the driver of a car in front of them flip a still lit cigarette out the window and it bounces off the hood of your car? Talk about pissing someone off... :xmad:

Of course, most of these idiots also put their Indiana BMV '10 or '11 sticker somewhere else on the plate other than on top of the previous year sticker. :n00b:

Lots of dumb people out there...

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Anyone ever have the driver of a car in front of them flip a still lit cigarette out the window and it bounces off the hood of your car? Talk about pissing someone off... :xmad:

Oh, no. I'll do you one better. How about getting hit by one while you are on the motorcycle, it going in your jacket and setting your shirt on fire? If I hadn't had to stop to put the fire out, I would probably in be jail for manslaughter right now :xmad::xmad::xmad: I see it at night all of the time and I flick my lights at them when I see it.

I volunteer to manage a small private nature preserve for a nationwide non-profit and we get thousands of visitors a year. We prosecute folks we catch littering or leaving graffiti. I am heartily sick and tired of cleaning up other people's trash and vandalism, and there's been more than one person who has had the fear of god put into them because of it. We send the ones we catch to the prosecutor and in addition give them the choice of civil litigation or spending an afternoon cleaning up other folks garbage and graffiti.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    We had some kids litter at the hospital where I work. They finished their McDonald's and threw the 2 cups, 2 large bags, and all sorts of napkins and wrappers onto the parking lot and drove off. When they returned to visit their buddy, my partner made them go pick up every last piece of trash (which by now had blown all over the place) and throw it away. As the kid was carrying his armload of trash back toward the building to a trashcan my partner would have him walk over and pick up a receipt or napkin that had blown away. I hope he learned a lesson.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I have a neighbor who used to pick up a quart after he got out of the factory and drink it on his way home. As he would drive by my place he would toss out his empties in my yard...
    I saved them up for a 6 or 7 months. Then took the tractor and spreader and fired them off into his driveway...

He has yet to throw trash out at my place since...

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009

Of course, most of these idiots also put their Indiana BMV '10 or '11 sticker somewhere else on the plate other than on top of the previous year sticker. :n00b:

Lots of dumb people out there...
    They no doubt had In God We Trust plates. People with those plates do the dumbest things while driving.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom