In the trenches for liberty!
    Was it this guy?
    invincible.jpg

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Maybe he was a photographer? I hear it's perfectly safe to be downrange, so long as you are taking pictures.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    THIS is why I hate public ranges like this. Too many ignorant morons. If that is the only place you can shoot it must be scary.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    was the guy a true operator who can outdraw a drawn gun? that would explain completely.
    i dont think so, because he didnt berate the rest of the firing line for being too soft to do the same thing.

who was the range master today???
    he was an older guy. didnt catch his name.

Maybe he was a photographer? I hear it's perfectly safe to be downrange, so long as you are taking pictures.
    its either that, or the exact opposite. i cant remember which.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    Also, if he was dressed in all FDE, or in that new stuff all you operators wear now....multi cam or some such stuff, then you should not have been able to see him in the first place.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    That happened at another range to my dad and I ages ago. We just left. We figured if he thought it was OK for us to shoot when he was down range, then he probably thought it would be ok for him to shoot while we were down range.

"Time to go!" was the quote I remember dad giving.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    The joys of public ranges. We were down range one time at Wilbur Wright when some kid decided to start messing with the bolt on his rifle. He didn't seem to understand why the older guy next to him got so mad. His response: "It's unloaded though, man."

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Yes the public range is fun and at times you just have to think WTF some people are thinking. I liked the guy who brought his 1 year old to the range with him at Wilbur Wright. That is almost as good as the genius who tied his dog to the shooting bench while a full pistol and rifle line fired away. I guess dogs have bad hearing anyway:dunno:

tem375

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    I have never encountered someone walking downrange, but man some people are just dumb, I can not even remember how many people I have seen shoot the cieling of a pavilion at the range I used to be a member at in Lafayette. I guess its cool to lift the rifle up and change scope adjustments while the gun is loaded.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I went to the JP range a long time ago. There was a guy shooting prone at the 100 yard range about 1/4 of the way down along the berm. When I started to unpack my things he just waved me on to place targets and was fine with me just shooting past him from the bench. Granted I would have really had to do something dumb to hit the guy, but I would never trust someone that much...especially someon I'd never even seen before.

I'm going to head out to Kingsbury tomorrow. I wonder what great things I'll get to see.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I took my sons to the driving range near (marion/johnson) county line road.
    All of us lined up, started hitting balls.

And the guy that took my payment for the balls started walking immediately in front of each of us, about 10-15 feet, bending over to pick up balls and toss them back our way. I told the boys to 'hold up', and the guy said, nah, go ahead, it's no big deal.

Top Bottom