• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Nickbau5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2020
    Brownsburg
    Again.....If you want to wear the mask do it. Don't tell me I have to. I am not going to do it.
    If you are sick/at risk/just scared then stay home. Heck man I will deliver some grocery's to you.
    Just stop the political orange man bad :bs: Not saying its you but the scare tactics MSM has people scared to death.

And hey, I can be a gruff as anybody so I get it. Its not just you I was referring to but your post was a great example.

I never said to force people to wear masks though, all my posts had the asterisk of saying it should be suggested to a high degree, but not forced, I am a heavily liberty minded person, and would fight for my right to be free, but this isn't me saying to force others, I'm just saying it should be encouraged rather than demonized by some people.

Also, I am far from the "orange man bad" crowd, they are a riot (sometimes literally) though to look at, but that's an issue for a different thread.

I'll end with this, I don't think masks should be mandated by law, but I believe more people should choose to wear them and practice proper hygiene to try and reduce as much risk as we can so that less of our countrymen, and women, are susceptible to any sickness.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    That's now the second time I've seen that show up today. What and who is being quoted? :dunno:

“Quarantine is when you restrict movement of sick people. Tyranny is when you restrict the movement of healthy people,” Meshawn Maddock, an organizer of the protest with the Michigan Conservative Coalition, told Fox News. “Every person has learned a harsh lesson about social distancing. We don’t need a nanny state to tell people how to be careful.”

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    I respect your compassion but my take is everyone is going to be exposed to Covid sooner or later. I'll take my exposure now rather that wait until winter. I think you have a much better chance of have little or no symptoms in warm humid weather than cold/dry weather. YMMV

It's self preservation, make no mistake.

Your *Take* is wrong.
    Like every virus it will burn itself out or mutate to a lesser damaging form eventually.
    It *Would* burn itself out much faster if people stopped feeding it, simply die of starvation,
    BUT,
    While humans *CAN* protect themselves and others, they simply refuse and continue to spread it.

Since I'm at the very top of the endangered groups, I'm not going down without a fight...
    Someone willing to infect, and KILL ME, just to spread it around on some silly idea,
    I say go expose yourself to ebola, small pox, anthrax, plague and see how your immunity is there, thin out the herd to those not naturally immune, have pre-existing conditions.

*YOU* aren't playing Russian roulette with *Your* life,
    You are playing Russian roulette, with 5 loaded chambers, with MY LIFE.

I'm the one that took a bullet through the lungs,
    I'm the one with lung conditions & immune problems from that damage/treatment,
    I'm the one that's over 50... etc.
    *YOU* (collectively) are aiming the gun at MY HEAD.

Then it becomes an ethics question,
    Do I deserve a death sentence because *YOU* don't "Want" to wear a mask, disinfect hands, etc?
    *YOU* make a lot of assumptions with *MY* life.

How about the grandparents of the 17 year old in Kentucky that attended a COVID/out of school party, then infected both grandparents, none of the rest of the family tested positive, but both grandparents died after weeks of suffering?
    Grandparents had minimal contact, only with family members, and the 17 year old was one of them... Because they *thought* he wouldn't kill them...

I'm not passing it, if infected, and will probably die.
    I'm doing everything I can to prevent getting infected, I'll fight it tooth & nail just like I have everything else that tried to kill me...
    I would appreciate people NOT pointing loaded guns at my head during this event.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    “Quarantine is when you restrict movement of sick people. Tyranny is when you restrict the movement of healthy people,” Meshawn Maddock, an organizer of the protest with the Michigan Conservative Coalition, told Fox News. “Every person has learned a harsh lesson about social distancing. We don’t need a nanny state to tell people how to be careful.”

It's cute that she thinks that.

(A) It's not really accurate (see my post above), (B) that's only slightly reasonable and applicable in the context of MI rules.

When you put in the context of being asked to wear a face mask at Menards (or being told to wear one at Lowe's in Indy), it just sounds melodramatic.
    Plus, it's not like there hasn't been restriction in past America (most applicable example would be the Spanish Influenza), that were deemed necessary and lifted.

Japanese American interment camps would be the best example of tyrannical restriction of movement of healthy (i.e. harmless) people.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus

Your *Take* is wrong.
    Like every virus it will burn itself out or mutate to a lesser damaging form eventually.
    It *Would* burn itself out much faster if people stopped feeding it, simply die of starvation,
    BUT,
    While humans *CAN* protect themselves and others, they simply refuse and continue to spread it.

Since I'm at the very top of the endangered groups, I'm not going down without a fight...
    Someone willing to infect, and KILL ME, just to spread it around on some silly idea,
    I say go expose yourself to ebola, small pox, anthrax, plague and see how your immunity is there, thin out the herd to those not naturally immune, have pre-existing conditions.

Do I deserve a death sentence because *YOU* don't "Want" to wear a mask, disinfect hands, etc?

How about the grandparents of the 17 year old in Kentucky that attended a COVID/out of school party, then infected both grandparents, none of the rest of the family tested positive, but both grandparents died after weeks of suffering?
    Grandparents had minimal contact, only with family members, and the 17 year old was one of them... Because they *thought* he wouldn't kill them...

I'm doing everything I can to prevent getting infected, I'll fight it tooth & nail just like I have everything else that tried to kill me...
    I would appreciate people NOT pointing loaded guns at my head during this event.

Sounds like your one of those that needs to stay at home. :rolleyes:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It's cute that she thinks that.

(A) It's not really accurate (see my post above), (B) that's only slightly reasonable and applicable in the context of MI rules.

When you put in the context of being asked to wear a face mask at Menards (or being told to wear one at Lowe's in Indy), it just sounds melodramatic.
    Plus, it's not like there hasn't been restriction in past America (most applicable example would be the Spanish Influenza), that were deemed necessary and lifted.

Japanese American interment camps would be the best example of tyrannical restriction of movement of healthy (i.e. harmless) people.

Slight correction - it's actually just the opposite. Menard's requires, Lowe's suggests. At least until tomorrow I guess.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I don't know why this is even a question. Looking at the countries most successful at controlling the outbreak to see what they have in common and you find a) when they can't social distance they wear masks, b) they social distance when they can, c) they test often, and d) they actively do contact tracing and quarantine. Kind of gets old to hear on one hand folks saying they are patriots and will do whatever the can for their country and then on the other hand whining about masks. Their country is the people in the country. Then there are those who claim wearing a mask is bad for you. Really. So your surgeons, who may wear a mask for 4, 6, or 8 hours at a stretch, are actually operating while impaired? Seems unlikely. I just wish people would be honest and say "I don't like wearing a mask and I don't care if my actions endanger others". So until they have enough time to figure this out I plan to do what the successful countries have done.

Which countries? I don’t like vague statements like “look at the countries most successful”. I’ll gladly look, but you gotta list which ones.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Which countries? I don’t like vague statements like “look at the countries most successful”. I’ll gladly look, but you gotta list which ones.

Japan.

They did not do an economy shutdown, they are densely populated with a low unemployment rate and they did not close their borders.

They have one of the lowest percentages of COVID cases and deaths in the world.

No idea how that happened.

japan.jpg

No idea at all. It's a mystery, really. :dunno:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-53188847

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Japan.

They did not do an economy shutdown, they are densely populated with a low unemployment rate and they did not close their borders.

They aren't having a contentious election this year.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Japan.

japan.jpg

Ive heard Korea had pretty good success also. Those countries commonly wear mask every year around flu season, and are pretty experienced when it comes to pandemics. I’m sure they probably wash their hands a lot more often and take a lot more preventative measures than we do.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Your *Take* is wrong.
    BUT,

OK lets all just agree that we are all not "WRONG" as you so often remind us. So just stop it. We will here you out but you are not the end all in this. Not this. Maybe in alternators and generators and solar and everything else but not this. You are not a Doctor. I am not a Dr.
    Your anger is getting the better of you. Settle down. We are listening.

So here is my answer.....stay your butt at home OK. I have a lot to do. Enough of my life and the lives of my family have been stolen from us this year.

Stay your butt at home OK.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Japan.

japan.jpg

It's obvious, isn't it?
    Those people are impaired. You can see the oxygen deprivation in their eyes. The virus doesn't want any part of that, and has avoided that people group.

/purple

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom