• ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    A lot of us have been doing this all along. ;) :ingo:
    ^This^ Fine upstanding LEO that are willing to go out to serve and protect their communities in light of potentially putting their lives on the line will always have my gratitude, respect and support. ALWAYS.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    40 years an officer. Hired August 06 1975. My first car had a radio and two toggle switches for the lights. I now have a computer two telephones, two radios, a printer (for tickets and accident reports) and wi-fi. Not includinging an AR and an 870. That is what is waiting for me when I get back. I worked 9 years in narcotics, 2 years in Personnel (I hated it) and the rest in motorpatrol. I will retire in july, 2018. Thanks for the kind words. I've seen 5 officers shot (all survived), been shot at 6 times and shot at someone once. Danm .380, all it did waas dent the door of the car he was in.

Not to highjack the thread but did everybody see this part? Say What?!!!!! Do I have unrealistic expectations or does this seem like a lot?. What are the statics for the typical officer being shot at?

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    Tell him. Officer safety, never take it for granted. There is never a normal car stop. Never the same run twice. Be vigilant with all you searches. You are never called to a house because someone wants to offer you a grilled burger. I don't mean to be pesimestic but it is a different world he will experiemce.
    Unless it is CM's house for the burger. I here he likes cheeseburgers.

Thank you to all of our LEO's. I know quite few locally who are great guys. I let them know regularly they are appreciated.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Not to highjack the thread but did everybody see this part? Say What?!!!!! Do I have unrealistic expectations or does this seem like a lot?. What are the statics for the typical officer being shot at?

When I first came on the police department it was shortly after our area had been hit by race riots (being honest). There were things that were done on both side that were not acceptable in today's standard. I was wearing a uniform and therefore a "target". It was so common to be shot at or receive a brick/rock that at the end of our shift we would just tell our sergeant that car #XX was hit again. We did no paperwork on this at all. I remember 4 times we were just driving down the street and someone would shoot at us. Once I was on a car stop and another time we were called to a bar fight. The guy across the room started to shoot at us. This all happened in my first year and a half on the department.

Top Bottom