• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well, the powers that be have struck back at the guy in Tennessee. They've taken away his permission slip. This just goes to show that the whole permission thing to exercise a "Right" is a farce. It can be taken away by a bureaucrat at any time. This guy, (while not the poster child for gun rights) has broken no law. He has not behaved in a manner that some petty official thinks is appropriate and has now had his "right to carry" taken from him. If it can happen there, it can happen here.

From WSMV

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- You may not know Leonard Embody's name, but you might know his recent troubles with the law and guns. Related: Images

"I'm a private person," Embody said. "I didn't want to be in the spotlight. I didn't want my name in the news reports."Embody's name and story have been appeared in news reports and online blogs for months. He was thrust into the media spotlight last December when he carried an AK-47-type pistol into Radnor Lake State Park."It wasn't modified in any way except for a sling, and I had painted the tip orange on it," he said.His gun-carry permit was current and the gun was legal, but park rangers stopped Embody and detained him for three hours. He was later released with no charges filed.The next month, he made headlines again when he took his handgun on a walk down Belle Meade Boulevard, in full compliance with the law."The only way you can carry the handgun is to carry it openly in your hand," Embody said.Once again, he was stopped, searched and released.Since then, Embody has filed a federal lawsuit against the Radnor Lake State Park ranger. Friday, he received a certified letter from the Tennessee Department of Safety stating his gun carry permit was revoked.

More at the source.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Im really torn on this one.

On one hand, he wasn't doing anything wrong.

but on the other hand....... dumb dumb dumb.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Im really torn on this one.

On one hand, he wasn't doing anything wrong.

but on the other hand....... dumb dumb dumb.
    Yep. I have no problem with open carry. I don't do it...but have no problem with it.

This guy sought to attract attention on two different occasions...no matter what he says. Bad things happen when you do stupid things. And by "stupid things", I do not mean OC.

There is a right and wrong way to make statements. IMO...he chose the wrong way. Just my opinion...for what little it's worth.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    DOWN WITH THE FALSE MEDIA!!!!

seriously, we need to real them back in. theres a difference between freedom of the press, and telling out right lies and spinning stories for ratings. people need to start suing the media. they have enough blood money to spare

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    ..."It wasn't modified in any way except for a sling, and I had painted the tip orange on it," he said.His gun-carry permit was current and the gun was legal, but park rangers stopped Embody and detained him for three hours. He was later released with no charges filed.The next month, he made headlines again when he took his handgun on a walk down Belle Meade Boulevard, in full compliance with the law."The only way you can carry the handgun is to carry it openly in your hand," Embody said.Once again, he was stopped, searched and released.Since then, Embody has filed a federal lawsuit against the Radnor Lake State Park ranger. Friday, he received a certified letter from the Tennessee Department of Safety stating his gun carry permit was revoked.
    1st bold:
    Painting the tip orange = huge dumbarse, that's going to do a lot to help our cause. John Lott weighed in on this last week.

2nd bold:
    Ya'll may not agree with me, but "Open Carry" and walking around with it in your hand are 2 WAY different things in my book.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    1st bold:
    Painting the tip orange = huge dumbarse, that's going to do a lot to help our cause. John Lott weighed in on this last week.

2nd bold:
    Ya'll may not agree with me, but "Open Carry" and walking around with it in your hand are 2 WAY different things in my book.

Gotta agree. Some guy walking around with a handgun in your hand, legal or not, would scare the heck out of me, too. That's just beyond the pale.

Top Bottom