1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Springfield…… why buy a Tisas and give the Turks $$$ to support jihad!!!!
    You know the Springfield sa35 (high power copy) frame, slide and barrel are made by Tisas in turkey…Springfield buys them as 80 percents and finishes them here

How else do you think they could sell a high power so cheap (and they can say they’re “made in America”

And it’s not like Springfield ever had any lobbyists that tried to pass legislation that put gun shops out of business in Illinois (and I don’t buy that “we didn’t know what our paid employee was doing” bull $h!7 either just like I won’t buy any Springfield guns!)

Hellcat314!

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2024
    Fort Wayne
    OK, new here so please don't flame me and know I NEVER want to come across as if I have all the info or experience. So NOT true! However, I have to add a couple things (with the risk of getting trampled...oh well happened before...although that was a different sight...)

Here we go. I just got back a few weeks ago from the middle east, and actually did spend some time in Turkey as well. That was one of the MOST welcoming countries I have visited in a looong time. And not my first rodeo over there. Anyway, I also do know that the Turkish firearms quality control is VERY high. I mean, we have a lot of crap coming out of our own USA that is trash! Just saying. Having said that I also do always want to and will support US companies when I can, given my love of this amazing country we call home. I have lost friends in service of this country both home and abroad, and I could not love them, or this countey more! But to deny a lot of quality coming from Turkey would be ill-applied. I'm not saying it is top of the line Wilson, Springfield, or Kimber stuff (had to cough on that last one), but anyone into 1911s can't argue that even our beloved Colt has slipped a TON over the years. So what is machined on the slide is always only part of the story right?

So...yes, my name is J.J..and I own a Tisas. (*Hello, J.J.) A carry line 1911 in the Stingray bobtail commander configuration to be exact. And of corse, dumb thought you had there....yes of course in 45 acp. (As I always say, Gods caliber!)
    And it has been flawless, affordable, and 100% reliable and very smooth. To be honest I did replace the trigger, fitted a new bushing and plug from EGW, and smoothed things up a bit...but I got this thing out the door for $399 total!! Total my friends! Oh, well, yeah I also added some thin grips and bushings but I would do that on just about any 1911 I would buy. All to say, this thing was affordable, BEAUTIFUL (not a visible matching mark, and NO battleship side markings at all! Totally smooth, clear and purty!) And I just like it for like 1/2 the price (or more) of others I own or have owned over the years. I think this is such a good option for anyone wanting to get into and TRAIN in the 1911 platform, it's hard to say no in my experience. Will I go by a Wilson Combat tomorrow if I can afford it...freakin yeah! But family, college, weddings, life all have their way of leveling the playing field. That's the gist of my post.

Wait? What cars are we driving and where are they from or even at the very least where are the parts coming from? Hmm....

Oh...and to reiterate, the Turkish people are some of the kindest people I have met.
    Turkey has been our ally and one of the few friends we have in the middle east for decades and their enemies...well look it up. Their enemies are on the same list as ours. They aren't liked in the middle east by those who want to hurt us here in the USA, and I appreciate that. Having spent time over there it's hard to know who to trust and rely on. I'm not saying I'm all in, all Turkey, just saying we get a view of things sometimes (most all of the time from liberal media who should all burn in hell...OK, sorry got a bit visceral right there)...that we should see things a bit more at times from boots on the ground. The ground where we have friends, and where they are struggling, trying to survive this crazy world just like us. Things can change overnight I realize. But as of a month ago, those are my thoughts. Want a quality 1911 for very little money that you can learn, twek, and make your one for a lifetime...I wouldnt hesitate on a SDS Tisas.

Last edited:

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    You could consider this one, @T-DOGG does meticulous work so you can be sure it is a great shooter.

Also, if you are willing to spend $1000-1200 and you shop carefully you can pick up a used Dan Wesson. I just bought a Valor V-bob in Duty treat all black and it is one sweet pistol (paid a bit more the $1200 but there are several DWs that can be had at that price).

Have fun shopping!

Hellcat314!

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2024
    Fort Wayne
    You could consider this one, @T-DOGG does meticulous work so you can be sure it is a great shooter.

Also, if you are willing to spend $1000-1200 and you shop carefully you can pick up a used Dan Wesson. I just bought a Valor V-bob in Duty treat all black and it is one sweet pistol (paid a bit more the $1200 but there are several DWs that can be had at that price).

Have fun shopping!
    That's pretty! And love me a Dan Wesson!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Better yet, buy once and cry once and get one of these!

View attachment 364474
    Colt Gold Cup National Match Series 70 in JMB’s original caliber .45 acp!
    Buy once, get mad when it has problems and send it back to Colt to be fixed
    Get mad the second time you send it back cause they didn’t fix it the first time
    Get mad as you send it back to Colt because they didn’t fix it the second time you sent it back
    Laugh maniacally after you trade it off to some dealer at a gun show because Colt still didn’t fix it right

Realize you should have bought oh I don’t know…a rock island, a smith, a ruger, a Springfield, a tisas or a slingshot with one broken rubber band!

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Buy once, get mad when it has problems and send it back to Colt to be fixed
    Get mad the second time you send it back cause they didn’t fix it the first time
    Get mad as you send it back to Colt because they didn’t fix it the second time you sent it back
    Laugh maniacally after you trade it off to some dealer at a gun show because Colt still didn’t fix it right

Realize you should have bought oh I don’t know…a rock island, a smith, a ruger, a Springfield, a tisas or a slingshot with one broken rubber band!
    Not likely my friend! I’ve put about 750 flawless rounds of all types with fantastic accuracy through this brand new to me Colt without a hiccup. I saw no need to buy once and cry once at the extreme level in your picture because there is absolutely nothing wrong with the performance of the Gold Cup National Match especially considering the price difference versus performance ratio. Besides most buyers of the brand in your picture use it as a “barbecue gathering “ gun just to show it off. You know, like a pair of Gucci loafers.
    The other brands you listed were never on my list of possible contenders for a 1911 in the buy once cry once dilemma.

I‘ll stick with the Colt as it is the closest relative to the original 1911 created by JMB; the greatest gun designer of all time.
    Why buy a pretender?
    Not an argument just a different point of view.

Top Bottom